Is it sad

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not that I want to get in the middle of your fight here, but your link shows sprint as second in a consumer satisfaction survey.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
One of my many reasons to leave Verizon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Seriously..?
People need to calm their cr ap with this update. Atleast 2 threads per week just on people complaining on when the update will arrive.

Not sure if this is becoming sadder than the frequent battery threads.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Not that I want to get in the middle of your fight here, but your link shows sprint as second in a consumer satisfaction survey.

Thank u lol and I KNOW sprint voice quality is better here in MY city because I HAD ALL THREE CARRIERS lol vzw right there because of both being CDMA

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I am going to be putting sprint customer service through their first test today so I hope that survey was right

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

If you read the article, it specifically says Sprint ranks last in Chicago...It's about halfway through.

Specifically: "But your satisfaction can depend on where you live. The Consumer Reports survey looked at 23 metropolitan areas. It found the quality of cell service can vary from place to place. For example, Sprint is virtually tied with Verizon in St. Louis, but in last place (significantly below AT&T) in Chicago."

That tells me that whichever carrier Mellimel is on at the current time, is always "the bestest"....

As I've said repeatedly, I'm not a fanboy of any of the big 4, and would go prepaid if the right phone was available on their networks. I think they will be in a few years. Well, I think you'll be able to get the newest phones about 6 months after they come out in a few years. They're getting in the game more and more, an inch at a time. However, why would someone who has "no dog in this fight" be on this particular thread anyhow other than to stir the pot? Mellimel has a Samsung Epic 4G Touch, not a Galaxy S3, and is on Sprint, while this is a Verizon forum about the Verizon Galaxy S3. Not to mention, Mellimel claims that he/she? uses Wimax on a post dated 20 November and claims to have gotten a Galaxy Nexus that day...Then says he/she would have bought an S3 on Thursday or Friday (22 or 23 November) but is in arrears on his/her account so he/she can't get a second line. That said, just like the other guy said on another thread Mellimel, your posts are a joke. I'm surprised the Mods haven't intervened and shooed you back to the corner.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you read the article, it specifically says Sprint ranks last in Chicago...It's about halfway through.

Specifically: "But your satisfaction can depend on where you live. The Consumer Reports survey looked at 23 metropolitan areas. It found the quality of cell service can vary from place to place. For example, Sprint is virtually tied with Verizon in St. Louis, but in last place (significantly below AT&T) in Chicago."

That tells me that whichever carrier Mellimel is on at the current time, is always "the bestest"....

As I've said repeatedly, I'm not a fanboy of any of the big 4, and would go prepaid if the right phone was available on their networks. I think they will be in a few years. Well, I think you'll be able to get the newest phones about 6 months after they come out in a few years. They're getting in the game more and more, an inch at a time. However, why would someone who has "no dog in this fight" be on this particular thread anyhow other than to stir the pot? Mellimel has a Samsung Epic 4G Touch, not a Galaxy S3, and is on Sprint, while this is a Verizon forum about the Verizon Galaxy S3. Not to mention, Mellimel claims that he/she? uses Wimax on a post dated 20 November and claims to have gotten a Galaxy Nexus that day...Then says he/she would have bought an S3 on Thursday or Friday (22 or 23 November) but is in arrears on his/her account so he/she can't get a second line. That said, just like the other guy said on another thread Mellimel, your posts are a joke. I'm surprised the Mods haven't intervened and shooed you back to the corner.

Number one I'm a dude smart guy and both them times I planned on upgrading but I had GROWN person priorities that had to come first (car note rent etc) and like I said I used all three and IMHO att is third in voice and vzw is LAST in customer service lol believe what u want its a free country but I'm telling my experience ymmv

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Number one I'm a dude smart guy and both them times I planned on upgrading but I had GROWN person priorities that had to come first (car note rent etc) and like I said I used all three and IMHO att is third in voice and vzw is LAST in customer service lol believe what u want its a free country but I'm telling my experience ymmv

Ok, you're a dude. Try being a man sometime and grow up. You didn't say you were planning on upgrading. You said " I get 1.5 on 3g which is enough and 10mb on wimax I'll report my lte speeds once my galaxy nexus gets here today" which implies you were waiting for UPS or FEDEX to arrive, or that your mom or girlfriend was bringing you one. AT&T is third in voice calls in Chicago...you got that right. Sprint is fourth and "Significantly behind AT&T". Have a wonderful day. I'm done replying (or pointing out your delusions) to you, so feel free to flame away.

P.S. Back in September or October you claimed to have used "All 5 carriers this year". Get your lies straight. Better yet, try telling the truth instead.

Last edited:

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Seriously..?
People need to calm their cr ap with this update. Atleast 2 threads per week just on people complaining on when the update will arrive.

Not sure if this is becoming sadder than the frequent battery threads.

I said one of the MANY different reasons why I am leaving Verizon this isn't a major reason but it's definitely something to add to the list

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'll leave Verizon (right now, unless they make me mad prior) when my contract is up, is if someone else has better coverage and lower prices with the newest phones. If that happens, I'm all in. I left Sprint in late September because my phone broke and they refused to let me upgrade early after being with them since 1998 and never asking for anything. My upgrade would have been November 3rd, so 6 weeks is all I needed for a bump. Sprint isn't much cheaper in reality. For me, it's $6.00 a month more for Verizon. I can afford $.05 a day for LTE when I want it.

Back to the thread though, I couldn't really care about JB as TW is going over the top of it on the S3. If my phone ROM was an AOSP (which I used to run exclusively) I'd care. But, the phone works very well with TW, even though I use Nova Launcher instead.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
to derail you again

I swapped out Verizon for Sprint because of your first two things. The covergae is not necessarily better, but it is pretty close (I have LTE everywhere I need to go except my house) but the savings is pretty high for me and my 5 lines. I have yet to test out the customer service, but I have to call them tonight...

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why this "debate" is even occuring. You guys do realize that cell phone carriers are only in business because every single one of us overpay for the services right? The only reason we put up with it, is because in some areas we have no other options if we want to be connected and "plugged in" to the world around us.

Verizon freaking sucks! That's why they plaster their stupid logo branding all over the place (Note 2 button), they screwed the vast majority of their customers with the new "Share Everything" plans, and they are by far the most expensive. I understand their service is the best in most places, but it still is morbidly overpriced. As far as Sprint goes, I consider Sprint to be the "punchline" of the carriers. Their horrid network and general atrocious phone selection is more of a joke than a service. Regardless, why sit and debate over which carrier is raping you better? Neither of them are in it for your benefit. I am on Verizon currently because I am saving up for the ETF's so I can go to Straight Talk.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Right worst phones ever. Note 2, sgs3, the opt. G, evo (one series), they are just terrible.

I am not a fanboi for sprint since I have been with them for all of 6 days now but let's sprinkle in some truth with your venom. Sprint messed up going with wimax but with the huge influx of cash they just got, you are going to see the network explode this up coming year

... And they are cheaper than Verizon to the tune of close to 1000 this year for me.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Right worst phones ever. Note 2, sgs3, the opt. G, evo (one series), they are just terrible.

I am not a fanboi for sprint since I have been with them for all of 6 days now but let's sprinkle in some truth with your venom. Sprint messed up going with wimax but with the huge influx of cash they just got, you are going to see the network explode this up coming year

... And they are cheaper than Verizon to the tune of close to 1000 this year for me.

I don't know if your response is to my post, but my post wasn't venom. That's why it threw me off as to whether or not you meant me or someone else. But if you were talking to me, I am not saying Sprint blows compared to anyone else, because ALL the carriers blow. They all screw their customers as often as they possibly can because that is where the cheap profits come in. And as far as phone quality, I said GENERAL atrocious phones. Up until this past summer, their phone selection was HORRIBLE. Basically they offered the high end HTC devices and that was it. You had pretty much no other option. (LG is only recently becoming impressive). So unless HTC hit one clean out of the park, your choices were subpar compared to AT&T and Verizon. Your fun little mentions of GS3 and Note 2 are recent. And that is Samsung's doing, not Sprint's. Samsung wants to reach everyone like Apple and therefore they make huge efforts to get their devices on all carriers. Sprint doesn't get full credit because it's not like they had to beg Samsung. And the HTC Evo line has never raised any ounce of interest in me, and like I said before, LG has only recently stepped their game up. So if you want truth, I can't give it to you since this whole market and ecosystem is based on personal taste and opinion.

You are very correct that they are cheaper than Verizon and so that's why I said the argument is just you guys saying who rapes you better. Because Sprint is still expensive for the wimax. If they charged 1000.00 less for LTE, it would be a great deal. This is the exact reason I am looking into Simple Mobile or preferrably Straight Talk. I get great service in my area from them, and they are cheaper than Sprint would be for me. Cell Phone Carriers have done nothing to earn any of your trusts. We all have our preferences, but I would caution against arguing over who is best. They all suck in their own way.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Imo Att and T-Mobile had the worst selection of attractive phones I actually think vzw has the BEST phone selection just WORST plans

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if your response is to my post, but my post wasn't venom. That's why it threw me off as to whether or not you meant me or someone else. But if you were talking to me, I am not saying Sprint blows compared to anyone else, because ALL the carriers blow. They all screw their customers as often as they possibly can because that is where the cheap profits come in. And as far as phone quality, I said GENERAL atrocious phones. Up until this past summer, their phone selection was HORRIBLE. Basically they offered the high end HTC devices and that was it. You had pretty much no other option. (LG is only recently becoming impressive). So unless HTC hit one clean out of the park, your choices were subpar compared to AT&T and Verizon. Your fun little mentions of GS3 and Note 2 are recent. And that is Samsung's doing, not Sprint's. Samsung wants to reach everyone like Apple and therefore they make huge efforts to get their devices on all carriers. Sprint doesn't get full credit because it's not like they had to beg Samsung. And the HTC Evo line has never raised any ounce of interest in me, and like I said before, LG has only recently stepped their game up. So if you want truth, I can't give it to you since this whole market and ecosystem is based on personal taste and opinion.

You are very correct that they are cheaper than Verizon and so that's why I said the argument is just you guys saying who rapes you better. Because Sprint is still expensive for the wimax. If they charged 1000.00 less for LTE, it would be a great deal. This is the exact reason I am looking into Simple Mobile or preferrably Straight Talk. I get great service in my area from them, and they are cheaper than Sprint would be for me. Cell Phone Carriers have done nothing to earn any of your trusts. We all have our preferences, but I would caution against arguing over who is best. They all suck in their own way.

Without dealing with the phone issue, because I only started paying attention in May of this year, I am saving 1000 over the next year with LTE on Sprint. Edit: compared to verizon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38