Longer Text messages not being sent

mvagusta

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
recently I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the only problem I have right now is that I can not send longer text messages.
On my old phone it just automatically split them up I can not find way to do that on this phone.
I would rather not install anything (different apps for texts because that is how my htc thunderbolt bit the dust)
Please Help

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
How long of message are you talking about? I have the stock messaging app and I can pretty much send a book if I want. Haven't found a limit yet.

Not sure what the issue would be bimut perhaps check the messaging app settings to make sure there isn't a truncate character setting? I don't remember one but it is a thought.

Otherwise a factory reset or alternate messaging app may be in order to see if it was a faulty setting in the software. I would use the factory reset as a last resort.

Good luck.

Update: I can't find a specific setting for truncating the length of message. Only the number of messages you can keep. Sorry I'm not much help here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

mvagusta

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I assume longer then 160 characters.
Do you think it is a Verizon issue? But then again if the HTC worked then why wouldn't the SGS3!!
It is very frustrating, I believe I will go to the Verizon store and have them mess with it!
Thank you for your Reply!

Last edited:

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Good luck!

Hope they can help. That would be very irritating of it were happening to me. Hope they can fix it for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your mobile data turned on? I have the same problem with long messages, but when I turn data on, it goes through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez