I don't know where else to ask this question

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I know it sounds like a dumb question, but can someone explain the difference between, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, Pocket, feedly. Do they do the same thing and which is the better app? Thank you in advance.

apagan4182

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll try my best to give my thoughts on each of them, how I use them at least.

DropBox- an extension of your hard drive. Use it store documents, pics, etc on the cloud and have access to them on other devices. Limited GB space for free
Drive- I use this for Microsoft Office related documents. If you convert the files to the Google Drive format, I believe you have unlimited GB space. If you share documents on here with other people, each person can edit the document at the same time. This worked really well for group projects in college.
Evernote- Good for generally note taking, add pics, websites to the note for reference. Again, you can access these notes from other devices.
Pocket- I primarily use it to save articles I begin reading on a website but don't have time to finish reading it or articles that seem interesting and I want to read later.
Feedly- I have never used it.

Sorry for a generic description, but that's how I typically use each one. They are all similar in ways, but serve different purposes for me. Hope that helps a bit.

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll try my best to give my thoughts on each of them, how I use them at least.

DropBox- an extension of your hard drive. Use it store documents, pics, etc on the cloud and have access to them on other devices. Limited GB space for free
Drive- I use this for Microsoft Office related documents. If you convert the files to the Google Drive format, I believe you have unlimited GB space. If you share documents on here with other people, each person can edit the document at the same time. This worked really well for group projects in college.
Evernote- Good for generally note taking, add pics, websites to the note for reference. Again, you can access these notes from other devices.
Pocket- I primarily use it to save articles I begin reading on a website but don't have time to finish reading it or articles that seem interesting and I want to read later.
Feedly- I have never used it.

Sorry for a generic description, but that's how I typically use each one. They are all similar in ways, but serve different purposes for me. Hope that helps a bit.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes it was most helpful.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Dropbox and Google Drive are very similar, although there are a few differences between the two services. I certainly don't see any reason why not use to use both!

Dropbox is simply online storage. There are a quite a few other online storage services out there, and while most are pretty comparable, I'd say Dropbox is the most popular because it has a lot of great features that set it apart. These features include integration with your computer(s)' file system, so you can literally just drag and drop files into your Dropbox folder using Windows Explorer to upload them, as well as access your Dropbox files uploaded from other devices directly from the Dropbox directory. Dropbox also has instant upload feature with it's Android app, which automatically uploads every pic you take a folder in your Dropbox, making them instantly accessible from your computer from either your Dropbox folder or online. Dropbox also allows you to share files online easily by supplying a link you can give people to download files you wish to share.

Google Drive is very similar to this, and actually has almost all the features listed above for Dropbox, but it also servers as your repository for your Google Docs, which if you've ever used you know is a great collaborative environment for working on professional documents and spreadsheets.

I use both, primarily because it allows me to have as much online storage capacity as possible. I generally use Dropbox more for personal storage, files I want to have access to accross all my own personal devices; while Google Drive I primarily use for sharing stuff amongst my friends and work colleagues, or simply when I want to share out a document or spreadsheet..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non