Car Mode

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
First t was "S" Voice turning off and on.......now my S3 keeps switching on car mode by itself and then switching it off again a fraction of a second latter. on, off, on, off, on, off it's driving me nuts! I never selected the car mode in the first place (and don't know how to anyway!) It's making using the phone difficult at best and now I've had to switch the sound off on my device as it's constantly bleeping on and off! I need help please!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1369728964590.jpgDriving mode (see the icon on the far right in the screenshot, although the icons on your Notification bar may be in a different order) is usually triggered by inserting the phone into a car dock. I couldn't find any other place besides the Notification bar where that gets enabled/disabled, although I'm sure you can use audio commands (ala S Voice) to do that.
Does this happen only when the phone is plugged in to a charger?
I assume that you've tried rebooting the phone?
What about a shutdown/battery pull?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the battery pull....three times before it worked. Went to Verizon and it is my charger port that is bad....so they say. It is loose inside the phone?...I get a replacement for free as it is still under warranty. Now the question is.....all my stuff is backed up to my gmail account....how do I retrieve it???