What would happen if I......

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
:confused:Just curious:-[, what would happen if I download the I535VRMB1_firmware.zip to my external memory card on my phone, and try to install it from there? A) It will not work.
B) Will it Brick my phone? :-!
C) It will work, but lose all data?
D) It will revert me back to the MB1 software, and I won't have the 4G issues anymore?:D
E) None of the above...
I am not sure if it matters, but my phone is not rooted....Thought about it many times, but haven't felt the need to do it to the S3...But this update is pushing me towards it..

Thanks.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure you can install that without a custom recovery, I might be wrong though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
:confused:Just curious:-[, what would happen if I download the I535VRMB1_firmware.zip to my external memory card on my phone, and try to install it from there? A) It will not work.
B) Will it Brick my phone? :-!
C) It will work, but lose all data?
D) It will revert me back to the MB1 software, and I won't have the 4G issues anymore?:D
E) None of the above...
I am not sure if it matters, but my phone is not rooted....Thought about it many times, but haven't felt the need to do it to the S3...But this update is pushing me towards it..

Thanks.
Take a look at this thread https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/799719 Then scroll down to this post steve02045 Jun 10, 2013 12:43 PM (in response to llamee) The guy listed some information on what you may want to do and it is hard to think that VZW did not delete all that information he left there.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
sardar615,
Without an alternate Recovery installed (which generally implies that you're rooted) you can't install the zip file from the SDCard. You'll have to put that file on a PC and use Odin to flash the firmware. It's possible that your data will be present after the firmware load, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87