Contacts consolidated and notes truncated

LukeDouglas

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a 3 individual contacts on Google Apps for a single individual. However, when my Galaxy S3 sync's my Google account, it combines them into one contact. I don't know if the linkage to the Google+ account has any bearing but each one has the primary email address which is linked to a Google+ account.

Another major problem is that either the Android OS, the Galaxy S3 or Verizon limits the # of characters for the notes field and I have some notes that exceed 15,000 characters, including spaces. It appears that the notes area on my phone is limited to about 1,000 characters. This creates a 'big' issue for me as I have over 100 client contacts with important information that I use via my Google Apps every week and 'need' on my mobile devices.

So can anyone tell me how I can have 2 or more contacts for the same person and how I can get 'all' of my notes on my contacts to appear on my phone contact app?

LukeDouglas

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I threw out that 2nd issue just to see if anyone had something to add. I did end up creating a note in Google Drive and linking it which works but it's not an elegant solution. The syncing and consolidation is a 'big' issue...very 'big'.

drwiremore

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Great post; and I can confirm that the Galaxy S4 Mini has the same issue, truncating existing notes to around 950 bytes. Then as it syncs back with Google, permanent loss of data.

As you, I've had data for years; meaning my contact notes are thousands of characters spanning multiple years. Safe to say, I'm disappointed in both Verizon and Samsung who seem surprised as this revelation. (Despite being fairly public since 10/2013.)

Just got off the phone with Verizon who is not aware of this truncation; not in their internal KB; same thing heard from Samsung live chat, never heard of this problem. Need this fixed or a work-around, else the Samsung has to go.

dw

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a better solution would be a 3rd party application designed to handle what you need? There's tons of CRM apps available, and lots of Contacts replacement apps if you don't need a full-blown CRM solution.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty