Verizon - Release Date Prediction for HTC One - Phil - You should give a prize to winner

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'll start the discussion here. Now I'm hoping someone with inside scoop gives us the real date. My guess is going to be June 25th for the release. With the announcement coming before the Apple WWDC. I think HTC will lose a good number of potential Verizon buyers if they do not get this out before iPhone 5S.

Phil - Android Central should give a prize (HTC One Case maybe) to the person who nails the release date for this.

So glad I held out and stayed with VZW. I had an upgrade available on 5/29 and held out a few days. I can wait for another three to four weeks to get this baby in my hands. Been stalking the AT&T stores to get my hands on it. Just hoping VZW version still has 32GB as the on board memory.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll start the discussion here. Now I'm hoping someone with inside scoop gives us the real date. My guess is going to be June 25th for the release. With the announcement coming before the Apple WWDC. I think HTC will lose a good number of potential Verizon buyers if they do not get this out before iPhone 5S.

The One is pegged for release "later this summer" while the upcoming iPhone model will be a fall release, at the earliest. You won't see a new iPhone this summer, not even close.

Nephilim13

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
June 20th, no reason just a guess.

This seems very likely. It is a Thursday, which VZW loves to release phones on...(or is it Tuesdays?).

Anyway it also falls in line with the VZW release rumored to be around 2 months after the other major US carriers (April 19th - June 20th is around 60 days.)

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
June 27th ... just a guess. Anybody think retail price will match $579.99 T-Mobile sells the 32gb model for? Or will Verizon be looking to gouge us any way they can yet again?

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade is 7/21 although I will be paying full price to keep unlimited data. It would be great if Verizon priced the HTC One the same as T-mobile brand. I want to stay with Verizon because right now I am getting highest speed from Verizon LTE. At best I can only get HSPA speeds on T-mobile on my Nexus 4. LTE on AT&T is not available where I live and AT&T no longer offers unlimited data for new customers, so they are out of the running.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the job hunt and the way the economy is, I am probably moving out of Milwaukee's LTE area. Even still, Verizon is the best gamble for me considering my future residence is unknown and they have the best coverage area. I really don't want the 1GB of data or whatever our plan now has, but I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that. Unfortunately.

Frank Estevez

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Mid August seems reasonable to me. They take forever to release their stuff, so I'm not going to guess anywhere near June.
A more exact guess for me would be Aug. 15

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
July 4th is a Thursday and opens up sales for a long weekend. So the 4th is my guess. If so my S4 will have a stablemate.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think we are going to see it July/Aug for the back to school specials. That will give verizon more time to sell more DNA's and s4's and will give the One some time to shine before the launch of the next iphone. I am hoping it is sooner as I am due for an upgrade the end of June but we all know how verizon is with launches and making people wait.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
For once, though, this is worth the wait. July, August, doesn't matter -- I just want to know when it is so I can begin my countdown. :)

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Idk with rumors of the One Maxx might as well just hold out a little longer for that and the elusive moto x phone.

Yea, I was gonna jump on the One bandwagon but, with 10 mos left on my contract, I'm gonna wait and suffer through with my Razr Maxx - Imagine what will be around in 10 mos

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was gonna jump on the One bandwagon but, with 10 mos left on my contract, I'm gonna wait and suffer through with my Razr Maxx - Imagine what will be around in 10 mos

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Agree. It will probably be hard to wait but imagine how much more are going to be in the phones by then.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking Late August or early September. I hope not, but I think this will be the time frame. If I had to peg an exact date it would be September 12th.