ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KNOW!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KN

Oh and another thing, 9/10 customers who walk into our stores have NO CLUE what the HTC One is. They don't care either, They want to know what is the best bang for their dollar or wheres the cheapest iPhone you have. It's sad, But people like us that follow AC and XDA are rare and the average customer doesn't care about what software the phones are running, what's the best out or what size storage they. Actually, Most people keep buying the stupid IPhone 4 with 8gb of storage and are satisfied...SHOCKING RIGHT? Whenever a customer comes in and i go over specs like GB's, Snapdragon or 1080p, They are confused and lost.

You are absolutely right. Although I no longer work in wireless I did for several years and consumers are idiots plain and simple. As with anything, there are exceptions but as a mass group they just want whatever their friends or family have, or what is free.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: ONE "supposedly" out in 3 days but not a soul at VZW knows anything about it?? EDIT: THEY DO KN

What i don't understand is why you guys are trying to get more info from the employee's. Verizon already announced that it will be available aug 22nd in the silver model with 32gb of storage. Also, Just to clarify, Not all employee's at Verizon are the same. Some just prefer not to care and some like to recommend what they like. You probably talked to a rep that really liked the droid line. Just like I love the HTC One, So i will be recommending it to people that walk into my store.

Verizon is not trying to "push" the droid line, They don't tell us what we need to push on customers, They tell us to listen to the customer and help them find whats best for them. Believe it or not, Verizon doesn't care what phone you buy, They care that your sticking with them.

Sorry Joe you may be the exception But 2.5 sales reps I spoke with recommended the droids or SG4 !!!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Sorry Joe you may be the exception But 2.5 sales reps I spoke with recommended the droids or SG4 !!!

That's because they probably like them. Most reps recommend what they know and like. Plus there available now, So they probably wanted to sale.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Verizon already announced that it will be available aug 22nd in the silver model with 32gb of storage.
Did they ever actually say the specific color? they just showed the picture on the twitter of the silver model. I'm not sure what you know and I don't know exactly what to expect for Thursday.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

It was stated on their Twitter feed. I know in our system it only mentions silver too.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

This actually makes sense to me about the customers not being US. I have been worried that the stores will sell out so I am mapping out where to go on Thursday. I called my corp store to see if they have a demo phone and she said that they are not getting anything until Thursday. I said, "So, you won't have a live demo for us to play with before we buy it?" She said, it will be here Thursday and you don't have to buy it that day, I am sure that we won't sell out quickly or anything.

From the store perspective, do you think they are underestimating the HTC One and it's buyers?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

This actually makes sense to me about the customers not being US. I have been worried that the stores will sell out so I am mapping out where to go on Thursday. I called my corp store to see if they have a demo phone and she said that they are not getting anything until Thursday. I said, "So, you won't have a live demo for us to play with before we buy it?" She said, it will be here Thursday and you don't have to buy it that day, I am sure that we won't sell out quickly or anything.

From the store perspective, do you think they are underestimating the HTC One and it's buyers?

I don't like the way Verizon has treated the launch of the HTC One. No advertisement, no preorder or details. I wish I could give you guys more information from a employee stand point, but there simply isn't any info. I will be going in tomorrow, I'll update then if there's any accessories, demos or anything that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I don't like the way Verizon has treated the launch of the HTC One. No advertisement, no preorder or details. I wish I could give you guys more information from a employee stand point, but there simply isn't any info. I will be going in tomorrow, I'll update then if there's any accessories, demos or anything that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, I don't know how they screwed up the launch so badly. It's been a complete disaster ever since they announced it.

Early Cuyler

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

What i don't understand is why you guys are trying to get more info from the employee's. Verizon already announced that it will be available aug 22nd in the silver model with 32gb of storage. Also, Just to clarify, Not all employee's at Verizon are the same. Some just prefer not to care and some like to recommend what they like. You probably talked to a rep that really liked the droid line. Just like I love the HTC One, So i will be recommending it to people that walk into my store.

Verizon is not trying to "push" the droid line, They don't tell us what we need to push on customers, They tell us to listen to the customer and help them find whats best for them. Believe it or not, Verizon doesn't care what phone you buy, They care that your sticking with them.

Hey, if you say VZW reps don't have an interest in selling Droids, that's fine. I obviously don't know where your incentives lie. What I do know, though, is that the experience that I posted about above was not an aberration in terms of its general theme. Every time I've ever gone into a Verizon store (or an AT&T store, for that matter) to do some serious phone shopping, I've always been steered toward one phone or another, often despite my direct and explicit statements that I'm not interested in the phone they're pushing me toward. I'm not sure whether you were addressing your post to me, but if the guy I talked to was just recommending what he liked, why would he have just started making up negatives about the One? I'm sure many reps do recommend phones they like, but I've had several encounters with reps that mirror the one I had the other day.

Oh and another thing, 9/10 customers who walk into our stores have NO CLUE what the HTC One is. They don't care either, They want to know what is the best bang for their dollar or wheres the cheapest iPhone you have. It's sad, But people like us that follow AC and XDA are rare and the average customer doesn't care about what software the phones are running, what's the best out or what size storage they. Actually, Most people keep buying the stupid IPhone 4 with 8gb of storage and are satisfied...SHOCKING RIGHT? Whenever a customer comes in and i go over specs like GB's, Snapdragon or 1080p, They are confused and lost.

Yeah, I get that and it's a fair point. But once you realize you are talking to somebody that actually knows something about phones, I bet you do talk specs because that would be the reasonable thing to do. I'm sure you don't just start making up negatives about the phone that the customer came in to see in an effort to extoll the virtues of a phone you like.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, but every time I was in the store, all reps tried their absolute hardest to convince people not to buy the iPhone. Others have had the same experience as well. Maybe Verizon employs only non-iphone workers or something. But the iPhone sells exceedingly well on Verizon. Imo, if someone comes in asking for any phone and strongly expresses their desire for it, I don't understand why csr try to sway them so much.

And I am sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that subsidies for the iPhone is much higher than other phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hey, if you say VZW reps don't have an interest in selling Droids, that's fine. I obviously don't know where your incentives lie. What I do know, though, is that the experience that I posted about above was not an aberration in terms of its general theme. Every time I've ever gone into a Verizon store (or an AT&T store, for that matter) to do some serious phone shopping, I've always been steered toward one phone or another, often despite my direct and explicit statements that I'm not interested in the phone they're pushing me toward. I'm not sure whether you were addressing your post to me, but if the guy I talked to was just recommending what he liked, why would he have just started making up negatives about the One? I'm sure many reps do recommend phones they like, but I've had several encounters with reps that mirror the one I had the other day.

Yeah, I get that and it's a fair point. But once you realize you are talking to somebody that actually knows something about phones, I bet you do talk specs because that would be the reasonable thing to do. I'm sure you don't just start making up negatives about the phone that the customer came in to see in an effort to extoll the virtues of a phone you like.

A lot has to do with the rep asking the right questions. I can usually tell right away if someone knows their phones, but most of my customers come in Not having a clue on what they want. The only time I "push" people towards device is even they come in and have their mind set on a iPhone. Most of the time they have to clue what a android phone is.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

How does he explain the negatives? Does he explain them in a way that makes it seem like he has personal hatred toward it or just comparing it to other devices?

Some reps will explain the lack of sd support, the non removable battery or something along those lines. These are something other phones offer.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I have to admit, when the wife went in to pick up an iPhone this spring, good lord did the Verizon sales guy try to steer her away to Android. Among his arguments: your contacts don't backup (there's a Verizon contact backup app for iPhone for Petes sakes), more expensive (sometimes), can't customize as much (not everyone cares for that). I eventually had to step in to say, hey we just want an iPhone. Curious to see what happens when I go in for the One. :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, but every time I was in the store, all reps tried their absolute hardest to convince people not to buy the iPhone. Others have had the same experience as well. Maybe Verizon employs only non-iphone workers or something. But the iPhone sells exceedingly well on Verizon. Imo, if someone comes in asking for any phone and strongly expresses their desire for it, I don't understand why csr try to sway them so much.

And I am sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that subsidies for the iPhone is much higher than other phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

We just don't like iPhone's and we think for the price there's much better out there. Most people come in ignorant toward anything but iPhone's and its annoying.

Clearly you guys have pushy reps and that's unfortunate. I'd love for people on here to come in to my store. I love talking phones, technology and what not. You'd be surprised at how well our store is. We aren't pushy, we are knowledgeable and helpful.

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

You are absolutely right. Although I no longer work in wireless I did for several years and consumers are idiots plain and simple. As with anything, there are exceptions but as a mass group they just want whatever their friends or family have, or what is free.

They're not idiots they just have better things to do.

As for reps, Verizon hires sales people, not techies. Their job is to grow the business, not scare away customers with techno babble

Posted via Android Central App

Early Cuyler

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

How does he explain the negatives? Does he explain them in a way that makes it seem like he has personal hatred toward it or just comparing it to other devices?

Some reps will explain the lack of sd support, the non removable battery or something along those lines. These are something other phones offer.

He couldn't explain them because he had just gotten done making them up and they weren't real things. For instance, he told me the HTC One would only be offered in 16gb. HTC doesn't even make a 16gb version of the One. He also made something up about the Droids having better screens and faster processors than the One, even though neither is true. So, this wasn't a rep just giving me a viable list of the phones realistic drawbacks. This was a guy that -- for whatever reason -- wanted me to buy a Droid so bad that he was completely making stuff up about the One.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

He couldn't explain them because he had just gotten done making them up and they weren't real things. For instance, he told me the HTC One would only be offered in 16gb. HTC doesn't even make a 16gb version of the One. He also made something up about the Droids having better screens and faster processors than the One, even though neither is true. So, this wasn't a rep just giving me a viable list of the phones realistic drawbacks. This was a guy that -- for whatever reason -- wanted me to buy a Droid so bad that he was completely making stuff up about the One.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. These people should be in call centers, not in stores.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

There's no right or wrong in this discussion, all employees are different and so is the thousands of Verizon stores across the country.

Early Cuyler

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, that's unfortunate. These people should be in call centers, not in stores.

Yep, or cleaning the toilets. I'm sure there are plenty of VZW reps like you. I just never seem to be lucky enough to get one at my local store. I figure it is a problem that starts with the manager there, honestly.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Was one a dwarf? Haha! Wondering where the .5 came from?

Anyway, they can't sell you something they don't have, so that's mostly the reason why you were pushed to those phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch