Stock Apps Question

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Why is it when I go to Settings>Apps>All there are a ton more apps than in the drawer? And why can't I access them? For example, I'm looking for a voice recorder. In said setting there is one called Voice Recorder that I can only seemingly disable, but can't actually open.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
These are the low-level system "services" that are being called by other apps. In the case of Voice Recorder, it's being used when, for example, you make a voice memo in the Notes app. At least that's my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If you need an audio recorder, Hi-Q MP3 Recorder is a nice app. The free version limits you to 10 minutes per recording, but I've never needed more than that, because I'm usually just recording brief song ideas.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm looking for a good voice recorder and the one incorporated into the stock notes apps doesn't really fit what I'm looking, ie, something to turn on quickly to catch random 'field recordings' if you will. I'll check out the Hi-Q recorder.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I hope you'll like it. I used it exclusively on my Droid 3 because I found the quality to be noticeably better than the stock recorder. It has some nice additional features, like being able to set it up so the screen won't turn off while recording. Handy for knowing where you're at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez