Verizon HTC One still has not received 4.3, anyway to force it?

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

My son is in the military and just returned from a deployment. I had sent him and email stating 4.3 was out and would be waiting for him when he got back. He arrived back in Virginia and turned on his phone and there was no update. He flew home for Christmas and it's been five days now and his phone says no update available is still on 4.2.2.

I called Verizon and they told me there is no way to push the update and he would just have to wait. I said "wait for what, it's not like they are going to do another round of pushes to the phone?" and he said "just wait until his phone is ready for the update".

Anyone else not receive 4.3 yet and is there any way to force the update?

Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
You can always try the wiping Google services framework trick...worked for me. And thank you to your son for his service...merry Xmas!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'll pass on the well wishes to him...interesting that some have still not received it. I have never had to wait a week to get an update on any smartphone I've owned when one was rolled out. I'll research the Google Framework trick and see if that does anything. Otherwise we'll continue to hope its coming.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Setup, apps, slide over to "All" and find Google Services Framework I believe it's called. Clear cache and data on it. Then check for updates.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
My son has still not received the update and is stuck on 4.2.2. He attempted the Google Framework trick and no luck.

What the heck does he do now?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's anything you can do until they want you to have it. What's the big deal with this update anyway? Whenever I get one I have trouble using my camera is about the only thing I notice lol. And it wants to rearrange my Gallery.

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an expert, but have any of you tried rolling back the date on your phone? Turn auto date off and set it the first date the update came out. Mine arrived 12/21/13.

keerf

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the update myself.

I was on the phone with both Verizon and HTC and they said they can't force the update but they found it strange I hadn't gotten it.

kjarrett

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the update myself.

I was on the phone with both Verizon and HTC and they said they can't force the update but they found it strange I hadn't gotten it.

Same here. Frustrating. So we have no option other than wait? What happens if the next update comes and goes and we don't get it? I know patience is a virtue but seriously, almost a month after the release date and it's still not here? Bullsh&t....

Anyone know if a factory wipe will help? I'd hate to have to spend the hours to rebuild this thing but I will if that's what it takes.

TIA,

-kj-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty