Verizon xlte promo?

MORANDCHI

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Received a phone call from Verizon wireless this afternoon and they are offering me an upgrade for a "xlte" ready phone. I am off contract and have unlimited data (grandfathered) I currently have the HTC one m7. I have a family plan with 4 Lines and I have an upgrade too
The first question I had to ask is can I keep my UDP he told me yes. Long story short I got the phone number and called back.
I called them back this afternoon and the other rep I spoke with said that my HTC One is already xlte ready. And I could upgrade If I want to an iPhone or Samsung s5

I bought my htc one m7 from best buy with 18 month 0% financing last summer

My question is has anyone ever did this promotion and kept there UDP?

Thanks
Chris

d213rr

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I received the call too. I am in the same position as you (UDP grandfathered, but with SG Note 2). I was told the promo expires at the end of the month, so would like to hear from any others who have gone forward with it.

d213rr

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Called Verizon today. They found the record of the call, but the person who had contacted me misrepresented the promo. The promo didn't allow me to keep unlimited data plan unless I bought a phone full price, etc. So it was bogus. Good thing I trusted my instincts.

DRDRZMXHD

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Think I got the same call today from Verizon today. It was from their Loyalty Dept 855-770-5251. Thought it was bogus but I double checked with Verizon after the call and it was legit. Basically, Verizon wants me to upgrade my DROID Razr Maxx HD to an XLTE compatible phone. I have unlimited data and they offered me a $49.99 upgrade to ANY XLTE phone. For the most part they want me off the LTE network because of the data I consume (60-80 GB/mo). Apparently I am in the top 5% of data consumers. I do NOT have to agree to ANY contract at all for this upgrade. I'm currently on the Nationwide Talk & Text 900 plan. They would simply charge the 49.99 to my next Verizon bill and send me the phone of my choice.

My concern is that this sounds to good to be true yet at the same time its totally understandable why Verizon would want this. So, If I do go ahead and do this I have to wonder if I am putting my unlimited plan in jeopardy at all???? I am told by the rep I am not but I have serious reservations about this. I feel some how, some way if I accept this offer somehow down the road I will lose my beloved unlimited data. I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.

Thoughts, Questions, comments ????

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
In fact, it sounds just too good. I've been misinformed or deceived by representatives enough to make me reject further offers as soon as they mention my unlimited plan. In your place, I would check that proposal several times.

There is just NO way to get our cherished unlimited plan back, even if we you lost it due to an agent "forgetting" to mention a line of the fine print.

DRDRZMXHD

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Yea thats what worries me is being mis represented by a Verizon Rep. You read to many stories about that on these forums. As far as checking the proposal there is nothing to check since they are unable to provide me anything in writing. Additionally, I haven't read anything, anywhere about this offer to someone else on any forum. $49.99 sounds like a great deal but it sounds more like bait to me.

reddingb

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
This is just a reply to all, since I have seen it a lot, when you upgrade to a new phone and you have the UDP ( unlimited data plan ) on your current phone you loose it, Period ! Promo or no promo. The only way to keep your UDP is to buy the new device at full price. There are only 2 advantages by doing this, one is no added contract, the second is you keep your UDP. Both of which are nice if you can afford it, I just hate to see people tied into a contract. Just my personal opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38