CK Zombies -always running in background.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I installed this game from the market and noticed that several times a day, a notification icon free music the game would pop up even when I wasn't playing. It advertises other related games from that developer. I noticed that the game will also place itself in running services even after er a reboot and not even opening the game myself.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be bad for the battery? I'm tempted to uninstall. There are no options checked for auto update or anything either.

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Anything that runs in the background, even with your phone screen off, will affect the battery.
However, Android is built in a way in which programs can start up and close out on their own, this frees up resources and spares your battery life. This is why we don't have a real need for task managers.
Another however, is programs that are made in a way in which they will always remain open, or re-open themselves even if you force close. This is one of those programs.
I'd suggest you delete it, because it's remaining open only to advertise other games, which is useless to you. It might not affect battery life in a huge way, but let me put it like this; it's not going to help battery by running on your phone.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Anything that runs in the background, even with your phone screen off, will affect the battery.
However, Android is built in a way in which programs can start up and close out on their own, this frees up resources and spares your battery life. This is why we don't have a real need for task managers.
Another however, is programs that are made in a way in which they will always remain open, or re-open themselves even if you force close. This is one of those programs.
I'd suggest you delete it, because it's remaining open only to advertise other games, which is useless to you. It might not affect battery life in a huge way, but let me put it like this; it's not going to help battery by running on your phone.

Agreed and to add to that. Any game/app made like that should see it's developer strung up by his/her/their nethers.

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I play Contract Killer by GLU and the game does start at start up, but once I force close it, it doesn't start back up until I launch it. The game has a lot of notifications when time has lapsed. I believe that is why it runs... to let you know various info about the state of your game. I always go through my manage apps section of my phone after reboot because a few things will run that I don't feel need to. Once i'm done playing the game, I kill it in manage apps and it doesn't start until the next time I launch it. I assume these characteristics would be the same for CK Zombies by the same developer.

I run CK on my Photon 4G because there is a resolution issue with my rezound. It's distorted and laggy. Do you have that issue with Zombies?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I installed this game from the market and noticed that several times a day, a notification icon free music the game would pop up even when I wasn't playing. It advertises other related games from that developer. I noticed that the game will also place itself in running services even after er a reboot and not even opening the game myself.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be bad for the battery? I'm tempted to uninstall. There are no options checked for auto update or anything either.

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

If it really annoys you, might wanna pay closer attention to the permissions. If one of the appa permissions is to start at boot and not sleep. You can have the same issue until you uninstall. Even then you may have something lingering in the OS from that app just because you allowed access to those permissions. IMO, apps w/ sneaky ad running crap like that is 100% spam, even if it's not id'd as malware.

thumbedmonkey

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the problem I had with AirPush (spitting sound:mad:).

I happily live with ad-supported apps. Many of them. But AirPush made crap pop up in my notification bar. Multiple times in a short time. Luckily, Google-searching led me to Airpush Detector in the market, and it told me exactly which of my latest apps was the traitor, and also gave me a direct way to remove the offending app. BTW, it was a live wallpaper.

Search for "AirPush". There was another similar app that claimed it would find other types of parasites, but in my case I knew that I only needed to worry about AirPush.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non