Will Best Buy price match amazons price in store

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I want to purchase the Rezound but because Verizon wants a deposit I have to do it in store and hate having to pay 300,anyone get best buy down on the retail price,I will be a new customer
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they will match Amazon but some of the sales associates play ignorant of the BB price matching policies. You need to print out the Amazon price AND the Best Buy price matching policy, take them both to the store with you and then if a sales associate refuses after reading them ask for a manager.

They don't like to do price matching because it is taken off the store's sales, but it is their policy so don't give up!

mwheeler2

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
They dont sometimes you will get a sales person who just does it. Its worth a shot..if you actually read the BB price match they only match other STORES prices it has to be in a news add. It says "The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices...

Xenutastic

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I called in hopes of getting them to price match verizon's online bargain of 79.99. One salesperson said "sometimes" in regards to an online deal such as this, and one said "no, only local stores." Go figure.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Fry's does online price matching. Don't know whether that extends to subsidized phone deals so YMMV.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Xenutastic

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried my luck in-store today at best buy and was warned that they do not match online prices, but they said they would make an exception. Maybe it's going on sale soon and they figured I'd just come back and demand the price difference. In any case, I am now an owner of the HTC Rezound.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Really depends, they will never match the Amazon special $.01 sales, but they will generally be competitive with most other places. If the Rezound can be found at several places on and off for $99 Best Buy will generally match. I almost always will ask if they can match generally they are pretty good if you get the right sales person. They just won't do it if it means loosing money.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Right... So why wouldn't you just go to a Verizon store and walk out with a new phone...? I assume that if you live near and can walk into a Best Buy, you live near a real Verizon Corp store or at least, a Premium Retailer who needs to follow Verizon sponsored promos out of their brick and mortar locales...

Just a warning, here in the mid-west, VZW is adding a $30 upgrade fee to all accounts (assuming you are going from 3G to 4G). I for one will walk out the door if I can't get that back in zero sum or in the first two months of account credits.

Xenutastic

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Regular verizon stores do not have the same specials as online, or even as another Verizon store across the street. And they do not price match under ANY circumstances.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Regular verizon stores do not have the same specials as online, or even as another Verizon store across the street. And they do not price match under ANY circumstances.

Yup. When they had the Rezound on sale for $49 a little while back, I tried to get it at a Verizon store and they wouldn't match the Verizon online price.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

motenak#AC

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get Best Buy to match Amazon.com. They did match the online price from Target which was the same price and I think is just a link to or copy of Amazon.com. Try that.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So what you are telling me is that when you try to buy this online, they say "...sorry, you have to go to the Verizon Retail store and they'll take care of you..." And then you say that Verizon Retail don't have the same special pricing...

Well, I for one would not take that as an acceptable answer. If the reason is that you are being redirected to Retail is because you are truly not eligible for this offer then sure, I can understand that. But if you are eligible and are being redirected to a store, then it's a Verizon corporate mandate that you are being pushed to brick and mortar and "any" offer from any contract vehicle - store, online, reseller/retailer - has to support you. It's the CONTRACT. As long as the contract is valid, then they can't deny your access to a purchase and would have to help you get the preferential pricing of your choosing. Either they help you get beyond the Online issue or they accept the pricing and care for you at the store. But you can't be denied as long as you are contractually eligible for the criteria of the promotion.

Is it New Contracts Only or are contract upgrades eligible for the $79.99 promo pricing?

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Best buy price matched Verizon's $80 price for me. They sometimes price match Amazon, but never for the $0.01 prices

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2