How do i not get cheated - Rezound

xa2npr1dex

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
hello, i recently bought a htc rezound for $300 at a Korean-owned verizon store called "All Star Wireless Inc." located in *2716 W. Olympic Blvd.,#201 LA CA 90006* and im experiencing a problem with a phone alrdy. i noticed the problem 2 days after i purchased the phone

The issue is that there is a gap between the phone itself and the battery cover. the gap is located at the bottom right corner and at dark settings, i can see red light escaping. This is extremely frustrating because i use my "pinky finger" to hold my phone as leverage. Not only that, i JUST* bought it. The manager of the store had told me its a manufacturers problem. However, i suspect the same manager who attended to me when i purchased the phone had damaged the phone integrity when he repeatedly opened/closed the back cover (way over 5x times) BEcause he did not know what he was doing with the 4G chip.

What can i do to receive a new replacement, as the store does not seem to want to give me. Should i just call the Verizon company itself- and would they give me a replacement? i do not know how to handle the situation without letting myself feel cheated, Please Help.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Why would you walk out of this store w/ it in the first place? No matter who caused it, that's not normal. The store you purchased it from owes you a replacement. Demand it, they need to deal w/ Verizon on this issue, not you. If they don't, call Verizon and let them know what is occurring.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I may have misread your post lol.

You mean to say (and indeed it looks like you did say quite clearly) there is a gap between the battery cover itself and the phone body.

I for some reason thought you were referring to the small light leak on the front fascia of the phone underneath the HTC logo. My bad.

Call Verizon, give them the store details, tell them it was not you that broke this, you just spent $300 on this phone to have a VZW retailer break it, you're not satisfied, thinking of returning it because of the treatment you've received from that store, sob story sob story sob story.

xa2npr1dex

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i walked out, because i noticed that there was actually a gap in my car late at night (pitch dark setting). i was not aware of the problem in a brightly lit store.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
i walked out, because i noticed that there was actually a gap in my car late at night (pitch dark setting). i was not aware of the problem in a brightly lit store.

That's a bum deal, they need to replace it. They have no business being a 3rd party retailer for Verizon if they treat customers like this. You could just contact Verizon but I wouldn't let those guys off the hook that easily. I'd love to hear their explanation for why they won't get you a replacement. I'm sure it'd be pure comedy.

xa2npr1dex

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That's a bum deal, they need to replace it. They have no business being a 3rd party retailer for Verizon if they treat customers like this. You could just contact Verizon but I wouldn't let those guys off the hook that easily. I'd love to hear their explanation for why they won't get you a replacement. I'm sure it'd be pure comedy.

manager its the manufacturer's problem. he said he had ordered a part, (idk if its the front part of phone or the back cover). now im just basically waiting. but im concerned that by waiting more than i need to, i would not be entitled to a replacement later on( if i need it)

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Do not wait. There is no reason why they cannot replace your phone immediately unless they have no other Rezounds in the store. Call Verizon and tell them the situation, and how you're unhappy with the service you've received. Voice your concern about the waiting period, and ask how it would affect you warranty/return period. Make sure to ask them to note this on your account.

xa2npr1dex

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Do not wait. There is no reason why they cannot replace your phone immediately unless they have no other Rezounds in the store. Call Verizon and tell them the situation, and how you're unhappy with the service you've received. Voice your concern about the waiting period, and ask how it would affect you warranty/return period. Make sure to ask them to note this on your account.

alright i will.

will post the aftermath

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like something that should be covered under the warranty. And I believe Verizon services the warranty no matter where you bought it.

I would take it into a Verizon store and explain your situation. In my experience they have been pretty good about warranty coverage. They overnighted a new Droid to my friend when his broke and did not hassle him at the store about it. It did not cost him a dime.

xa2npr1dex

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like something that should be covered under the warranty. And I believe Verizon services the warranty no matter where you bought it.

I would take it into a Verizon store and explain your situation. In my experience they have been pretty good about warranty coverage. They overnighted a new Droid to my friend when his broke and did not hassle him at the store about it. It did not cost him a dime.

the store i purchased it from or any other* verizon store?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
manager its the manufacturer's problem. he said he had ordered a part, (idk if its the front part of phone or the back cover). now im just basically waiting. but im concerned that by waiting more than i need to, i would not be entitled to a replacement later on( if i need it)

Sounds like fairly tyical 3rd party retailer nonsesnse to me. I read of one similiar situation in another thread over a week ago but it was in a different location. After showing them the cover wasn't able to be completely snapped shut, it was swapped out immediately, hassle free.

xa2npr1dex

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like fairly tyical 3rd party retailer nonsesnse to me. I read of one similiar situation in another thread over a week ago but it was in a different location. After showing them the cover wasn't able to be completely snapped shut, it was swapped out immediately, hassle free.

what did the person do, call vzw? or go to store

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
what did the person do, call vzw? or go to store

It was in a corp. store, the op said the back cover had a gap along the side which couldn't be alleviated. I think he believed his "inept" rep. caused the problem during activation. He returned it, they exchanged the phone, no problem.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
can you clarify? This was $300 with a contract, right? Not just the phone? If you bought it from someone for $300 by itself, then you may have been scammed.

I may be wrong, but the info that I get from corporate stores is that VZ will not give you a replacement. Since you got it from someone other than a Corp store you need to take it to where you bought it. Verizon will service a phone you bought from them, but other than than that, the manufacturer or the store you bought it from needs to take are of the replacement.

On a different note, if the store you bought it from is an authorized reseller, then VZ may want to know about their unethicical practices