Rezound OTA Update Incoming!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a noob at this. Just temp rooted last week. What do you mean re-lock? Hitting the factory reset in the settings doesn't do the trick?

Oh, I was assuming you unlocked the bootloader in order to root. Just restore the bloat with CleanTool and you should be good to go.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You'd have to re-lock and restore bloat. Possibly use RUU.
Would it be worth it? Depends on how you feel about factory resets.

I don't think you would have to relock the bootloader, I just think you would have to re-add the bloat and if you have something like CWR installed remove it or wait for the devs to release a zip file.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you would have to relock the bootloader, I just think you would have to re-add the bloat and if you have something like CWR installed remove it or wait for the devs to release a zip file.

Your right, you don't have to relock it, as a necessity, to update. I would, though, just to be safe and save time since you don't know if that causes an issue for some unforseen reason and you have to go back and relock and restart.

startrak140

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I was assuming you unlocked the bootloader in order to root. Just restore the bloat with CleanTool and you should be good to go.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Yea I used the cleanTool to debloat. Ill add the bloat then Ill see if the downloads come back then debloat after

owlewis

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My native email application has never worked on the Rezound. I had to install K-9 at Verizon's suggestion. I hope this fixes the email issue.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just ran Cleantool 2.1.1 after installing VZW update. Tried to remove all bloat. It shows "superuser" now, but the bloat is still there. Any suggestions?
USB debugging checked
HTC Sync disabled
Charge mode
Did I miss anything?

startrak140

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I re-bloated my phone and the updated worked fine. Love the 5 signal bars. But all the bloat :mad: Can anyone confirm if I can debloat again and the update will still be there? Using clean tool

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I re-bloated my phone and the updated worked fine. Love the 5 signal bars. But all the bloat :mad: Can anyone confirm if I can debloat again and the update will still be there? Using clean tool

You can't disable an update. It is now one with the firmware, my son.
Anyway, try running CleanTool. Most likely, it won't work. I can't confirm it for you, because I don't much feel like RUUing my way back to stock after obliterating all bloat. There's a way to get permanent root (over on XDA), assuming you'll unlock your bootloader.

startrak140

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You can't disable an update. It is now one with the firmware, my son.
Anyway, try running CleanTool. Most likely, it won't work. I can't confirm it for you, because I don't much feel like RUUing my way back to stock after obliterating all bloat. There's a way to get permanent root (over on XDA), assuming you'll unlock your bootloader.

I dont know how to do all of that really, unless i see someone do it or have really good instructions. Do you have a direct link to the perm root? I was on XDA at work yesterday and couldnt find it then again i was skimming. I'm coming from a BB storm so doing all of this is new. I love it though, the ability to customize my phone. So I need to unlock my bootloader? I just go to HTC website and do it there correct? Then I perm root?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And screen off does what?

Also can anyone confirm they have installed the update and have run the de-bloat tool?

for some reason, when i restarted the phone, it didn't show the update right away. a few minutes later, it showed up when i turned on the screen with the update screen, but it would just disappear. tried it a couple of times with same result. i tried to disable screen off and it allowed me to update right away.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how to do all of that really, unless i see someone do it or have really good instructions. Do you have a direct link to the perm root? I was on XDA at work yesterday and couldnt find it then again i was skimming. I'm coming from a BB storm so doing all of this is new. I love it though, the ability to customize my phone. So I need to unlock my bootloader? I just go to HTC website and do it there correct? Then I perm root?
You need to unlock the bootloader from HTC's website. After unlocking the bootloader, then you can do a perm root. Directions are in the link below:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...uide-guide-unlocking-rooting-htc-rezound.html

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
for some reason, when i restarted the phone, it didn't show the update right away. a few minutes later, it showed up when i turned on the screen with the update screen, but it would just disappear. tried it a couple of times with same result. i tried to disable screen off and it allowed me to update right away.

I tried the screen off trick. I turned it off then ran the update check again. It found the update again and started downloading. After downloading the update screen came up and I hit OK. This disappeared and nothing after that....