What is the FINAL RESULT of your OTA update?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading a slew of comments about this OTA update inside other threads but it would be helpful if people just posted what their end result experience was here.. good and bad.

For me, it went just fine. Whole process took 15 minutes. I have the 5 bar signal meter. It added a battery status and meter in the Power settings. I don't notice anything else is different off hand but I bet there are little things everywhere. I am sure hoping the Arizona time issue is fixed. I haven't placed any calls yet. My device did get warm during the update. I'll report back if I see any major battery issues.

I am not rooted.

Hope others are having good experiences.

...Sent from my Tab

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Everything went fine for me.

Only noticeable difference, although I haven't used it a lot since the update, is the 5 bars.

kim..

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
My update went smoothly and quickly too... I noticed the 5 bars and it also popped up a box that said GO Launcher EX was no longer my default launcher with an option to switch it back.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm unlocked and rooted. So you don't think the update would be worth the effort to re-root and setup again?

Maybe I'm the wrong guy to respond but it seems like it's mainly offered cosmetic changes, more than any fixes. I suppose if you've got time to kill, and enjoy that sort of thing, go for it. Personally, it doesn't look like it's worth the trouble.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Being that my rezound is unlocked and rooted, can I update and keep root + unlock?

:'( Sorry, but no, if you did you'd be the belle of the ball, though.:). You'd have to revert to stock, update and then revert back to root. Sit tight, if it's worth a hill of beans. I'm sure a dev will have something to offer you soon.

Last edited:

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
the update downloaded correctly but nothing happened after that. I waited 30 minutes and then I rebooted the phone. nothing appears to have changed. I attempted to download the update again but it is showing no new updates available. does anyone have a solution for this problem?

my phone is currently temporarily rooted.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
the update downloaded correctly but nothing happened after that. I waited 30 minutes and then I rebooted the phone. nothing appears to have changed. I attempted to download the update again but it is showing no new updates available. does anyone have a solution for this problem?

my phone is currently temporarily rooted.

OTA won't install it if your rooted (temp or perm.). If you want it and can't wait for a dev. update you can flash to install. Revert everything back to stock, and then update. After that, it's groundhog day, you'll have to unlock and root all over again, though.

wyngo

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Went smoothly and I like the look of the 5 bars. I'm not certain yet, but I think the update also fixed my "static with headphones" issue. Anyone else? I'll update once I've had more time to test.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, I was wrong. The static is back, or I was too tired to notice it yesterday.

Last edited:

ianmorris75

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Phone won't stay connected to wifi now. Detects my home network then keeps disconnecting itself.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa