make addresses open with maps?

rich.kim

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to force all street addresses to open with Google Maps? Particularly I like to use yelp and when I need to navigate there, I click the address link but it always opens in my browser on the maps mobile page instead of in the maps app.

Please help.

Thanks!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to force all street addresses to open with Google Maps? Particularly I like to use yelp and when I need to navigate there, I click the address link but it always opens in my browser on the maps mobile page instead of in the maps app.

Please help.

Thanks!

Used to be able to until apple got patent pissy.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Strange, but I haven't had that problem. In fact I just tested it out. Sent myself an address (no hyperlinking), clicked on the address and presto, it opened in maps

JustSomeDudeHere

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Strange, but I haven't had that problem. In fact I just tested it out. Sent myself an address (no hyperlinking), clicked on the address and presto, it opened in maps

If you're still on GB it should still work -- the issue is on ICS.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds more like you need to change the app association for map addresses. Someone will have to look it up in GB, but on sense4 there is an option in the setting for app associations, go in there and change the default program for map addresses to what ever you want. I seem to remember it was different on GB though. Maybe go to both the map and browser apps in settings and clear defaults for both. Then go back out and find an address to click on, you should get a pop up asking what program you want to use, pick the map, or whatever app from the list.