Ready to install ICS leak but need some guidance

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am really tired of waiting for the update. Verizon just tweeted back regarding the emergency alerts saying that all phones that get them were enabled through an OTA update, but Verizon has no info on a Rezound update. DUH! It will probably be NEVER!

Anyway, I have no idea how to install a leak. I am tired of waiting. I don't want to mess up my phone but it is probably time to just do it. Is there a thread I can look at for instructions.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Download the leak. Rename it. Put it on sd card. Reboot to bootloader. It will flash automatically. When it is done it will ask to reboot. Do so but hold volume down. It will reboot to bootloader again and you will tell it to flash again. When it is done, reboot and enjoy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
U may have to do a factory reset if u develope any issues,I had too,along with a lot of others...ENJOY...

sent from my ics equipped REZOUND

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
it's a piece of cake, just follow the instructions and do backup before you start...welcome to the dark side :)

Thank you ... I am really flipping nervous LOL! I have too much work to do today and I still might wait until the last day of July to see if we get the easy OTA update. If not, I am going for it if not sooner than the end of the month.

Thank you all for the support!

P.S. LOVE that dark side thing!

bserey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Skatergirl, I too was very nervous about doing this. I must say that after doing it the nervousness was without merit. This is my first Android phone I have ever had and I did not want to mess it up. Turns out that it was very easy to do as I followed Mr. Smith's guide line by line and all was well in my world. You should do it now as you will not be disappointed. If I got through it I'm sure you will find success also. Cheers

Bryon

Reactions: skatergirl

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What if you need to return to GB, say to send in the phone? Its my understanding you can't go back correct?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am currently unlocked and rooted. I need to relock if I decide to flash the ruu, correct? If I relock, run the ruu to ics, will I still be rooted and just need to add superusersu to my phone?

Also, if I do a factory reset in my current ( rooted n unlocked) state, will I lose lock and/or root?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What if you need to return to GB, say to send in the phone? Its my understanding you can't go back correct?

It is my understanding that simply flashing the leak will not void your warranty. So long as you are not unlocked and rooted.

bbxtwo

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i don't think if you made a hardware swap for whatever problems arise, will they let it go. they do ask on the phone what your software version is. as of right now i still have a proximity sensor issue where after making a call the screen will blank out before i put it to my ear and sporadically turn off when it's not on my ear. what a pain in the ass! after offical ota is out im going to hope all the software versions are the same so i can call for a replacment, this is my 4th rezound already..

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I am currently unlocked and rooted. I need to relock if I decide to flash the ruu, correct? If I relock, run the ruu to ics, will I still be rooted and just need to add superusersu to my phone?

Also, if I do a factory reset in my current ( rooted n unlocked) state, will I lose lock and/or root?

I had to flash this to get root back.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i don't think if you made a hardware swap for whatever problems arise, will they let it go. they do ask on the phone what your software version is. as of right now i still have a proximity sensor issue where after making a call the screen will blank out before i put it to my ear and sporadically turn off when it's not on my ear. what a pain in the ass! after offical ota is out im going to hope all the software versions are the same so i can call for a replacment, this is my 4th rezound already..

Never had them ask me that on any of my returns on any phone, just BS them if so. Many people have returned s-off'd, rooted, ICS phones back and never heard a peep.

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Skatergirl, I too was very nervous about doing this. I must say that after doing it the nervousness was without merit. This is my first Android phone I have ever had and I did not want to mess it up. Turns out that it was very easy to do as I followed Mr. Smith's guide line by line and all was well in my world. You should do it now as you will not be disappointed. If I got through it I'm sure you will find success also. Cheers

Bryon

Thank you for the calming words!

I have been so busy all week that I haven't even had time to think about the leak. I am also troubleshooting a PC tower issue as well right now. Hopefully I will get to it soon!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes, unless you S-Off your phone, there's no going back to stock GB. You can load a GB ROM, but that's as close as you'll get without S-OFF.

A factory reset will not make you lose root, all it does is wipes your data partition. Stock(leaked) ICS does require superSU in order to root. However if you use an ICS ROM, 99% of them are pre-rooted.

Thank you for the calming words!

I have been so busy all week that I haven't even had time to think about the leak. I am also troubleshooting a PC tower issue as well right now. Hopefully I will get to it soon!

Take your time. Nobody will rush you. If you get around to flashing the RUU great, if not...we'll know you're chicken. lol I'm kidding. We're here for you if you need support.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, unless you S-Off your phone, there's no going back to stock GB. You can load a GB ROM, but that's as close as you'll get without S-OFF.

A factory reset will not make you lose root, all it does is wipes your data partition. Stock(leaked) ICS does require superSU in order to root. However if you use an ICS ROM, 99% of them are pre-rooted.

Take your time. Nobody will rush you. If you get around to flashing the RUU great, if not...we'll know you're chicken. lol I'm kidding. We're here for you if you need support.

I am a chicken! LOL!

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that made this an easy decision was that it would not void the warranty. I followed Mr. Smith's directions to the letter and I was back up and running within a couple hours. All my apps included.

If you use Chrome and you don't want to remember all of your apps (like I did), there is a listing of all the apps you've ever installed on there.

Trust me, once you do it, you'll really thank yourself for taking the initiative. It's like a new phone. Much faster and it just feels...right.