Blank software??

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive had a Verizon refurbished rezound for about a month or so now. Works fine and all, but when I periodically check the software update feature under settings it never seemed right. It shows up like this when I hit status,
442e9d47-4012-eb80.jpg

And when hit check new, it shows this for roughly 5 seconds then the popup just dissapears with no failure notice or anything. Just vanishes and leaves me back at the status or check new options again.
442e9d47-40aa-62b4.jpg

I remember with my original rezound, when I hit 'status' it had info with numbers and words in there. And when I hit check new it would check for a decent bit, then say that there is no new update available. Any reason why my status is blank and it won't check for an update? Is my refurbished phone messed up somehow internally?

sent from my HTC Rezound

Edit..just tried battery and sim card pull. Still doing the same thing

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
This is a new one to me. Just curious if a factory reset was attempted, yet?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Not since I got this refurbished phone, no. I did three on my first one within 3 months..so I'm pretty annoyed/pissed off when I have to reset everything once I have it all back to normal again

sent from my HTC Rezound

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I get the first one all the time... The only time I had the second one was when I was testing last night. The first download would go through I waited, but not long enough and rebooted.... Had to do the download again and let it sit until it was damn good and ready to reboot on its own and do the update....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My refurbished Rezound had the same empty status fields. I really never gave it a second thought since the phone was operating normally. After updating to ICS yesterday the status fields are now populated with info. When checking for updates it did inform me prior to ICS that no updates were available.

Sent from somewhere

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I get the first one all the time... The only time I had the second one was when I was testing last night. The first download would go through I waited, but not long enough and rebooted.... Had to do the download again and let it sit until it was damn good and ready to reboot on its own and do the update....

It wont give me any option to download anything or alert me of new software. I've tried multiple restarts, power offs, battery and sim cars pulls with nothing but the same outcome - it 'checks' for >5secs then disappears

My refurbished Rezound had the same empty status fields. I really never gave it a second thought since the phone was operating normally. After updating to ICS yesterday the status fields are now populated with info. When checking for updates it did inform me prior to ICS that no updates were available.

So basically your status fields were blank like mine..but you were still able to fully check and download the uodate. Mine won't check at all which seems to be the bigger problem then the blank status I suppose

sent from my HTC Rezound

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is. I would say a factory reset... Don't bother setting anything up... Then check again. Something is borked

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
By setting up..you mean setting all my apps, settings and customizing up? Cause that's all done for the 4th time and ill be real pissed if I have to do it again.

There's absolutely no other thing you can think may help? Is it even worth taking to the Verizon store? I feel like every time I go there the only answer they ever give me is to factory reset..

sent from my HTC Rezound

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Correct. On GB, fully stock refurbished phone. No kernals, roms, flashes or any of that root stuff. Just some apps is all. It gives me a blank slate for software info and it doesn't fully perform an update check. It had always done it on this phone, but figured maybe when ICS came out it might clear up or something so I waited until now to realize it was a real problem

sent from my HTC Rezound

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
In one of the other threads someone said it took almost ten hours before the actual update started. I had to download both updates twice before the actual update started. Mine worked after doing restarts, others said a battery and a SIM pull helped. Others said the update started immediately after the download. Not sure what the difference would be, but patience may be a virtue here.

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I think i seen that. Ill give it between 4 and 7 days, depending on how fed up I get lol each day ill try pulling and restarting everything to see if anything can jump start it

sent from my HTC Rezound

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank ya. Hope to get it soon too with all I'm hearing about it. And maybe ill come across something in another thread, since this rezound forum BLEW up today ahah

sent from my HTC Rezound

mmjr78

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
i had the same problem back in January when the first minor update was out....found someone only who hooked me up....i dont know why, but u need a new 4g card...verizion should give u one for nothing...turn the phone off- new card- turn on....by the time i left the store i had the update showing....hope this helps

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
glad i saw this post...my wifes phone did the same thing....I have ics and she cant get it cuz she has that 0 code screen. we have done a factory reset and it does the same thing. i will ask for the sim card tomorrow

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
i had the same problem back in January when the first minor update was out....found someone only who hooked me up....i dont know why, but u need a new 4g card...verizion should give u one for nothing...turn the phone off- new card- turn on....by the time i left the store i had the update showing....hope this helps

Thanks man!!! Ill try it today maybe if i can get up to verizon

glad i saw this post...my wifes phone did the same thing....I have ics and she cant get it cuz she has that 0 code screen. we have done a factory reset and it does the same thing. i will ask for the sim card tomorrow

Damn that suckss, glad I didn't do a reset then lol let us know what happens with your new card

sent from my HTC Rezound

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man!!! Ill try it today maybe if i can get up to verizon

Damn that suckss, glad I didn't do a reset then lol let us know what happens with your new card

sent from my HTC Rezound

gotta work in 2 hrs...but gonna go to the VZW store here n a few...ill keep u posted

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My status screen had the 0 code since I purchased the phone. I never had a problem with update checks though and got the ota on Thursday with no issues. Well my ringtone went to default and my recently played music didn't show in my music player but those two things didn't bother me lol

Status now contains the ics info.

Sent from a Rezound with tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana