Foxfi app questions and answers

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to clear some things up about foxfi since I have seen a lot of posts on it. The first thing is that you can be used on the rezound without root. Even on 2.3 it was still useable. The only downside is that it can only be used thru Bluetooth. If you have a android tablet with the play store you should be able to down the pdanet for tablets and use foxfi to get internet. Hopefully now that we have ics they can make it work thru wifi but for now that is the only option we have with this app. My findings using this app are that you will only see speeds up to about 2mb a second which isn't great but is manageable. I did use slingbox, Facebook and YouTube so all of those work but not all apps that use internet will work because of the way it connects. The play store will let you browse but not download. I tried HBO go and that will not work as far as I know. Its not 100% stable but works great most of time. Sometimes you need to reconnect but doesn't happen often. I am only writing this because I see a new post on this app every time I come on the forums and a lot of people are saying you need root or that foxfi doesn't work at all. I am using a Acer A500 and haven't had a problem yet. Now if you want to use a laptop I would suggest using pdanet with a USB wire or buying a cheap Bluetooth dongle off eBay and use pdanet and foxfi app together. My computer has Bluetooth but using the wire gives me full speed. I hope this helps people with any tethering issues. I know these apps pretty well so if anyone has any questions I will try to answer or I am sure someone on here can help. Thanks.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Rezounded1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Lol just posted this same question then scrolled down and found your post! Thanks. I guess I will just sit back and checkin regularly to see if the WiFi tether issue is solved.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the speeds on the free version are the same as the paid but with the paid you can go on secure websites and the free you can't. I think they give you a week or two for free before they restrict you from some websites. I hope they update the foxfi app also so it can be used for wifi and just just Bluetooth. Maybe we should all email the developer now that we have ics and see what they can do.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
At least when you click wifi mode it doesn't say it can't be used and you can scan for the network and find it. I hope they make it all work so I don't have to root just to use wifi tether.