New app on rezound?

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else got a new app on their phone from google called google play services? I called verizon and they gave some vague info on it mostly that its for developers and google to add new apps.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else got a new app on their phone from google called google play services? I called verizon and they gave some vague info on it mostly that its for developers and google to add new apps.
From the PlayStore:

Google Play services - Google services for Android apps

Google Play services lets Android apps from the Google Play Store integrate with Google+ and Google Accounts. To work correctly, some apps may require Google Play services to be present and up to date. Google Play services is usually updated automatically on Android devices. You can also install or update it manually from the Google Play Store.

A little more info: Google Play services arrives for Android 2.2 and above, the eager can download directly -- Engadget

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and I don't have it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
It's not in the app list or something you can run... it is in Settings-Apps-All, if you have some of the newer Google apps (like last week or even less).

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's on my girls droid incredible 4g that I picked up for her last week. I was curious about what it was.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not in the app list or something you can run... it is in Settings-Apps-All, if you have some of the newer Google apps (like last week or even less).

Thanks for the extra info. I have all stock apps on my phone unless it came after an update of a pre installed. I noticed it after a soft reset and figured it wasnt anything I personally could use. Just caught off guard by new colorful puzzle piece added :) Verizon says it cant be unistalled but the option to do so on my phone isnt grayed out so it looks like I can but probably shouldnt it sounds like. Thanks again

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the extra info. I have all stock apps on my phone unless it came after an update of a pre installed. I noticed it after a soft reset and figured it wasnt anything I personally could use. Just caught off guard by new colorful puzzle piece added :) Verizon says it cant be unistalled but the option to do so on my phone isnt grayed out so it looks like I can but probably shouldnt it sounds like. Thanks again
Think it came from a Play Store update, which auto updates and you really can't stop it when stock... I don't think I would uninstall it either, I have a feeling that apps from Google either do or will require it anyway.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon says it cant be unistalled but the option to do so on my phone isnt grayed out so it looks like I can but probably shouldnt it sounds like.

I go by this simple rule of thumb when dealing with Big Red... When in doubt they are always wrong :) If you are visiting this site you most likly know more about your phone and Android then they do

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I go by this simple rule of thumb when dealing with Big Red... When in doubt they are always wrong :) If you are visiting this site you most likly know more about your phone and Android then they do

Ha! Oh I know and I can always here them searching my questions so I tend to keep them simple and few and far between. I just know they can find a few things google faster than I have had luck with as far as apps go. Otherwise, This site is my main place for info or help when needed. A lot of helpful folks here and have a lot of knowledge of things.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
wow I did not know that. I was going to ask this question or look it up but know I know what that new app was for. Thanks for asking and the answer-er.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa