Deep freeze when making a call

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Have had my Rezound for a year and a half. In the last couple of weeks, it refuses to dial out, esp. when using presets. If or when it finally does (after redialing), it shows two outgoing calls with one of them "on hold". Has anybody experienced the same?

anon(59657)

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem. A few things I have noticed:
1. If I connect to a bluetooth dialer, I do not have the problem. So, I could be trying to make a call from the phone and fail, walk out and pair it with my truck, then dial from the truck's touch screen, and it will dial just fine.
2. Going in and out of airplane mode often cures the problem. (Not sure if it is always or sometimes - need to try it a few more times.)
3. It seems related to the other problem that crept up at a similar time - the keyboard will show up and show me typing, but no words will actually make it into the text entry box. Happens, with Swiftkey, Swype, and the HTC built-in kybd.

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm just glad I'm not the only one. This started happening to me a few weeks ago. The only fix I've noticed to work, though randomly, is to push the contact name, then turn the phone off (not all the way, just push the button at the top). Count to three, turn it back on, and unlock the phone. It seems to trigger the dialing.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Last night, all of my texting apps stopped working. Typing wasn't showing any text. Rebooting didn't do anything. Pulling the battery, otoh, did the trick ... at least for now. Now I hope and pray that Rezound stays alive long enough until I see a phone to which I'd want to upgrade. Hopefully, before the year's end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress