Blowing dust off the ol' Rezound

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the S3 for some time now. Decided to pull the Rezound out and play with it for awhile. Any new news on the Rezound front I should know about? Mine is rooted but still S-On...

Posted via Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the S3 for some time now. Decided to pull the Rezound out and play with it for awhile. Any new news on the Rezound front I should know about? Mine is rooted but still S-On...

Posted via Android Central App
JB 4.3... tons of ROMs available on XDA... Carbon, LiquidSmooth, PAC-Man, CM 10.2, and lots of derivatives.

Depending on how long it's been off, Global Mode (current stock ROM is 4.5.605.14).

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
So far the 4.3 roms I've tried have destroyed battery. The best jb rom I've tried is infection (4.2) Had to increase min cpu frequency to prevent reboots, but since then it's been good.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So far the 4.3 roms I've tried have destroyed battery. The best jb rom I've tried is infection (4.2) Had to increase min cpu frequency to prevent reboots, but since then it's been good.
Hmmm... I have been running CarbonROM and the battery life is easily 20-25% improved over stock and definitely better than Infection. Did you restore apps/settings with TiBu or anything? It is recommended to only install 4.3 ROMs with TWRP 2.6.3.0 with a totally clean wipe, and do not restore ANY apps or data from TiBu/UltiBU/MyBU. BU/Restore from 4.3 to another 4.3 is OK through, 4.2 to 4.3 made some major underlying changes, restoring apps, data or settings can cause... unpredictable... behavior some times.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Still using mine after 2+ years but no dust as I've had it in the Otterbox case. Bone stock except for the ICS update.

Going after the Moto X as soon as Moto Maker goes online for VZW but having problems waiting. Might end up with
a plain black store bought model and hope VZW puts out the OTA update before I buy that fixes the choppy voice calls.

Rezound still works well so will keep it for a back-up. Sad the SIM is different in the Moto X than the Rez :(

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Still using mine after 2+ years but no dust as I've had it in the Otterbox case. Bone stock except for the ICS update.

Going after the Moto X as soon as Moto Maker goes online for VZW but having problems waiting. Might end up with
a plain black store bought model and hope VZW puts out the OTA update before I buy that fixes the choppy voice calls.

Rezound still works well so will keep it for a back-up. Sad the SIM is different in the Moto X than the Rez :(

Just cut down your sim. I am using nano sim from my iPhone 5 in Rezound and S3. Just use adapters.

By the way, I'm back to my S3....battery just wasn't doing well in the Rezound.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the rezound battery life is like half of the s3

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4