HTC Calendar missing

TARIGAND

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am running BAMF GINGERRemix 2.1 and I am having a small issue. My calendar app is missing :(. I can sync to my gmail calendar and there is a calendar widget, but I can't open up the calendar.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone if you haven't done so yet.

Also, if you have Root Explorer... see if the Calender.apk is there... under System > Apps.
If you have a backup of all your apps with Titanium, you can check there also.

If its missing or was accidently deleted, see if you can find someone to upload the Calender.apk to a file sharing site OR you may need to flash the ROM again... make sure you're wiping all the caches and the data.

Reactions: TARIGAND

TARIGAND

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone if you haven't done so yet.

Also, if you have Root Explorer... see if the Calender.apk is there... under System > Apps.
If you have a backup of all your apps with Titanium, you can check there also.

If its missing or was accidently deleted, see if you can find someone to upload the Calender.apk to a file sharing site OR you may need to flash the ROM again... make sure you're wiping all the caches and the data.

Thanks for the reply. I found the APK and tried to install it, but a no go. It "installs" it, but then the "open" button is grayed out. Anything else before I reflash the ROM?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like something went wrong when you flashed the first time or when you downloaded the Rom. To be safe I would download the Rom again just to be safe.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you're grabbing the calendar.apk for the newer Sense. The Thunderbolts running Sense 2.0.
I was trying to find you the apk but all I could find was calendars from the Incredible and Evo which uses the older version. I pulled the calendar off my phone and reinstalled its apk through Root Explorer to test it and it does work but as everyone else has said you're probably safer flashing the ROM all over again.

TARIGAND

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you're grabbing the calendar.apk for the newer Sense. The Thunderbolts running Sense 2.0.
I was trying to find you the apk but all I could find was calendars from the Incredible and Evo which uses the older version. I pulled the calendar off my phone and reinstalled its apk through Root Explorer to test it and it does work but as everyone else has said you're probably safer flashing the ROM all over again.
Thanks a lot guys. I went and just reflashed and it's working fine. I forgot to create a nandroid back up :eek:, but thank god I backed up my data :-$. But all working just fine now. LOVE GINGERREMIX 2.1