GB: How to get the Messages app to default to SMS/MMS?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
In Froyo/HTCSense2.0, I could make the Messages app default to SMS/MMS by simply moving the SMS/MMS icon (next to the "All Messages" and "Voicemail" tabs) all the way over to the leftmost side. Then, Messages would open by default to SMS/MMS (or whatever tab had been set to the furthest left spot). That doesn't seem to work with GB. No matter where I set the tabs, the default Messages app always opens to "All Messages" showing SMS/MMS/VM/ all in one big list.

Anyone know how to change this?

-Frank

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get the voice mail icon let alone know when I have a voice message. Did a hard reset still nothing.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Frank, just press and hold the SMS/MMS icon on the bottom for a few seconds...then a message pops up telling you can change them around. After that you can drag them and put them in the order you want.

Edit: Well, it lets you move them but still defaults to All Messages. Sorry.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get the voice mail icon let alone know when I have a voice message. Did a hard reset still nothing.
The viocemail app is in the apps drawer. Put it on your screen and you can use it to access voicemail. Also, if you sign up for VZW Visual voicemail (there is a menu choice to subscribe at $2.99/mo) your voicemail notification will work again. And, the VM icon you put on your screen will show the number of voicemails you have waiting. You'll also have visual voicemail -- it's pretty good.

Next, call VZW CS and state that you had to sign up for VZW VVM simply to get your voicemail notifications since the latest ThunderBolt {forced} update broke VZW VM notifications. Ask them to note your account and to be credited for $2.99 on your account. They should do it. Then, until VZW fixes the standard VM notification, call each month, say my account has been noted to get a credit of $2.99 until HTC/VZW fix this VM notification bug.

-Frank

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non