4G availability

4G availability

• Total voters

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am in westchester ny. Real simple, I am patiently waiting. Woul like to know if you have 4G Access
Most of the time?
Rarely?

Last edited:

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
almost all the time. I live right outside denver and if i'm anywhere near it i get and my sister lives in fort collins which just got it this sept so I have it when up there too.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You should add an option for "All the time". :) Since it went live here in Birmingham last month, I'm always in LTE. The signal appears to be very strong and rarely drops. :)

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm about 45mins outside of the St Louis area and a 15min Hwy drive from the closest 4g. I'm hoping once they expand the St Louis area 4g that it comes to my town. Hopefully sometime in 2012 they have it along Hwy 44 then I know for sure Ill have it then.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I live in the St. Louis metro which is probably the most robust LTE network anywhere right now, so I never don't have it (I know double negative).

Then the place I go back to visit for holidays is probably the second most robust LTE network anywhere (Columbus, Ohio) because Verizon has some huge offices in Dublin.

So again, I pretty much have LTE constantly.

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I live in the St. Louis metro which is probably the most robust LTE network anywhere right now, so I never don't have it (I know double negative).

Then the place I go back to visit for holidays is probably the second most robust LTE network anywhere (Columbus, Ohio) because Verizon has some huge offices in Dublin.

I was down there this whole weekend and was loving the Lte but I live out pass 6 flags which sucks cuz I stop getting 4g about 2miles past the 6 flags exit. :(

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In the Northland of Kansas City or downtown - nada. We have it at the airport - and it's awesome. :D There are also sightings around the stadium and Overland Park. Across the city, we are supposed to be getting 4G on Nov 17th, so I am also patiently waiting.

DocFreud

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in San Diego, CA and get it almost all over the county. Except at my home. Even though VZW's map says I'm in a 4G area, I only get 3G at home.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am in the San Francisco bay area (30 miles east), and I always get a strong 4g (LTE) signal unless I am at church in the high school room that is basically a faraday cage and it will sometimes drop to 1X, but my phone signal is still strong. When I drive about 30 miles into the cental valley, it goes to 3G because they don't have the towers there. I always forget to switch my signal to 3G....LOLOL, I keep it on LTE ONLY using the LTE on/off app. When I am at home I flip to WiFi....all is good in the bay area...

GO NINERS!

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much get it everywhere in Cleveland, both sides of town. Reception can be a little uneven in places, but it's surprisingly consistent as long as you aren't on the edge of the outermost suburbs. I also live within sight of a 4G tower, so I can't complain.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Very true. I get down there about once a month and it's excellent in Columbus.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Since they have turned it on here in Hampton's Roads, I haven't had any problems with it. I tried staying 3G to see if it would save some battery. After a couple of days I can't imagine going back to 3g phone.

flyerchas

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I work in Newark NJ and always have 4g. I live in Sussex County NJ (approx. 60 miles from NYC) and never get 4g. I believe it's local to big cities only, not more widespread like 3g.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted the mostly, or rarely poll to make this clear cut when checking answers.
I have to say I am surprised the mostly outweighs the rarely. Living in NY and rarely getting 4G, I am surprised so many others do. I do not live in the main city, but do not live in the sticks either. I live in a very populated suburb called Westchester NY. Please Mr. 4G....move closer to me.:)

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I live in southern NH. The towers have been up for months and they've been doing testing. They say up through Concord by the end of the year. They better hurry up lol.