Random black screen

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Recently I get this black screen where nothing works to power on the phone or anything and I have to do a battery pull to get it back on is anyone else experiencing this? It is very annoying and concerns me

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this just happened to me today while at the lunch table. I went to answer a text and it was a black screen...hmmmm whats up with that??

My handset was functioning just fine and then the black screen. I was able to do a power cycle by holding the power button down, it came back to life after this. I did not have to pull the battery but was totally confused when I went to answer the text I received 2 minutes earlier and then found the handset dead.

So I know exactly what you are talking about. This is the first time this has ever happened.

shedroid

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread is dated a bit, but I was wondering if you guys or anyone figured out what this was?

3rd TB .. and was working just fine. I sent a text to my husband, then I powered the phone down, plugged it in to charge and went about my day.

I go to make a phone call, unplug phone, attempt to turn it on .. oddly enough I hear the thunder I always hear on boot up, the lights at the bottom home/menu/back/search light up but the screen itself is black!

I hear all my messages/emails/notifications coming through just fine. In fact I got a call and since I know where the answer key is I tried it..yup, I can even talk on the phone. I just don't SEE anything.

I powered down, took out battery .. tried again ... same thing.

This is my 3rd Thunderbolt and I am so tired of this but don't have money to buy a different phone. I was wondering if anyone figured out what was going on, I had screen replaced months and months ago .. phone has had no issues.

It has not been dropped, no new apps, no water damage. The dang thing was on my bed. Nothing happened to it :( Except it went black. :(

Any info would be appreciated .. thanks in advance for your time.:'(

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Try removing the battery again bit this tome also lift up the SIM card for a few seconds. Then insert the battery and the SIM card. This will give it a recycle. If this doesn't work call Verizon. Just tell them the screen isn't responding. Don't mention you replaced the screen. Call them from a landline so they can try to troubleshoot it. They Kay offer a replacement. Ask them nicely if there is another option since you are on your 3rd thunderbolt. Sorry you are having issues. Like I said be polite when you talk to them. They will do their best to help you.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

LuckyLou2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread is dated a bit, but I was wondering if you guys or anyone figured out what this was?

3rd TB .. and was working just fine. I sent a text to my husband, then I powered the phone down, plugged it in to charge and went about my day.

I go to make a phone call, unplug phone, attempt to turn it on .. oddly enough I hear the thunder I always hear on boot up, the lights at the bottom home/menu/back/search light up but the screen itself is black!

I hear all my messages/emails/notifications coming through just fine. In fact I got a call and since I know where the answer key is I tried it..yup, I can even talk on the phone. I just don't SEE anything.

I powered down, took out battery .. tried again ... same thing.

This is my 3rd Thunderbolt and I am so tired of this but don't have money to buy a different phone. I was wondering if anyone figured out what was going on, I had screen replaced months and months ago .. phone has had no issues.

It has not been dropped, no new apps, no water damage. The dang thing was on my bed. Nothing happened to it :( Except it went black. :(

Any info would be appreciated .. thanks in advance for your time.:'(

Same thing just happened to my sons Thunderbolt yesterday. He too is in a remote area in Northwest Montana. Were you able to solve this problem. If so please pass on the process! Thanks!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
had this problem recently--within the past 5 days actually.
the problem for me--not necessarily for you--was that i had a background process (Mobo Media Player) that was attempting to play a file/stream video or something and the phone couldn't handle it via the processor.

i had to keep hitting the 'back' button until i realized it was attempting to play a file, at which point i went home>menu>settings>applications>running and killed Mobo. phone worked fine & has worked fine since.

ymmv