Syncing time and google calendar

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i have google calander set up to sync under Settings/accounts and sync. when i change something on line or on the phone calendar, it is not changing it on the other. if i manually refresh in the phone calendar, it will update the online one. vice versa. i have the calendar set to auto-sync.

my question is why wont it auto sync? or does it only do it every few hours? and how can i change it so it syncs like every 15 minutes.

thanks

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
i have google calander set up to sync under Settings/accounts and sync. when i change something on line or on the phone calendar, it is not changing it on the other. if i manually refresh in the phone calendar, it will update the online one. vice versa. i have the calendar set to auto-sync.

my question is why wont it auto sync? or does it only do it every few hours? and how can i change it so it syncs like every 15 minutes.

thanks

Are you set to AUTO-SYNC.

If you go to MENU --> SETTINGS --> Accounts & Syncing....look for Background Data and right below it should be AUTO-SYNC. Make sure that is checked.

Personally I shut that off because it eats the battery up. I just manually update mine.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

thanks

It follows the Google Mail sync settings. Set the Gooble Mail sync to 15 mins.

-Frank

Reactions: u7mg0

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
now if i can only find out where to sync gmail times
Well, to be honest, I don't use the Gmail app, I use the HTC Mail app. I suspect if you use the Gmail app you'll have to take it off of push to set sync times. Personally, I don't reallly use my Gmail account (other than for the Market) so I leave it set to sync every 4 hours.

-Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa