how to delete email history from autofill

Anna Banana1106

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I FIGURED IT OUT! !!! Yup, I sent an email to my old employer from my new employer by accident. ..I was going to find a way to figure it out!! 😅😅😅

I can't post a screen shot but basically do this:

The step is called "removing learned words"

Start typing the email address you want to see removed from your autofill. After you type it, before pressing anything else, click the > which is above your keyboard (the predictive text area). A bunch of related words and the email address you just typed will be displayed. Click on the one you want removed. A message will pop up asking if you want to remove this "word" from your learned words.

Cheers everyone! !

Last edited:

BFE4

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the S7 and always had an issue with the Samsung stock keyboard suggesting email addresses when txting. The initial set up of the phone sync'd contacts from my old phone and from email accounts of mine. Many of these were not contacts I added to my email accounts but I had just replied to them and they got saved as other contacts. I have finally cleared the issue and figured I should share the information.
Here is what I did.
1. go into the email accounts you have sync'd... apps>settings>accounts. Turn off Sync Contacts for all of the accounts that you do not want to not sync contacts for.
2. go to "phone" on your screen and click on the contacts tab. go to more>settings> turn off "contacts with numbers" (this allows you to search and find all the contacts your phone has stored. With this on you will only see your contacts that have phone numbers associated)
3. Get into your contacts on your phone. In the search bar type the address you do not want to see, or you can do what I did (I typed in .com so it brought up the email addresses, for me this was 600 contacts)
4. Press and hold one of the contacts until the check box appears. At the top use the select all check box. Scroll through and unselect the addresses you want to keep. Once you have sorted through those press delete. Congrats you got rid of part of the problem.. there is more to do yet.
5. go to apps>settings>language and input>samsung keyboard> scroll to the bottom select "reset settings"> select "clear personalized data" or if you want to be sure the issue clears you can also select "reset keyboard settings" (if you do this you will have to reset up your settings/preferences)

**NOTE** If you want to get down to the actual source of the problem you will need to login to a computer and access your email accounts individually. Many of the email sites have a secondary contact list that they keep for the emails you simply reply to. You will need to clear those out if you want to avoid this in the future. Otherwise I suggest leaving "sync contacts" turned off.

jacielynnATS

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm a Note2 user and am having the same problem as others on this thread. I've tried all the suggestions shown here (even though I'm using a Note 2) to no avail. I'm not even using GMail or Yahoo. I have one email account tied to a GoDaddy account. The GoDaddy account is set not to save contacts! I've deleted the account on the phone twice and set it up again... every address from every sender still populats the autofill. As massive as the Android user community is, I can't believe this is such a problem for so many users. Truly pitiful. Anyone out there with a Note2 have any ideas to fix this?

The worst is I am a tech support agent and I couldn't figure this out I ended up transferring to manufacture

Ike94598

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Problem is not Samsung or at least in my case. I am a Samsung Galaxy S6 user and was tired of emails or names poping up while typing.

Some of them were addresses that I didn't even know... like random craigslist ad email addresses that I have responded to 6 months ago let's say...

Here is the solution...

Go to your google account
Click contacts
Under contacts find Other Contacts
Delete them all!
Restart your phone

Problem solved. (at least mine)

I had almost 1000 contacts like this that I have no idea how they got into my contacts.

androidfrustrated

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, none of the above solutions worked for me. I've got another promising one to try though.

For what its worth and in case it helps anybody else, this is on a Galaxy S5. In my case, it's an AT&T version, and I suspect that might have something to do with the problem. I just switched from a regional CDMA carrier, with the "same" phone, to a GSM carrier using an unlocked AT&T version of the phone, and it is far inferior. AT&T has all sorts of superfluous, background software that the CDMA phone didn't, and the CDMA phone didn't have this problem. In both cases, I've been using the built in Samsung email app, with multiple accounts. (Otherwise, same problem as others: random email address suggestions when I start typing an email, many for people or businesses I've never even emailed.)

Here's what I found:

I don't think the problem actually resides in Gmail, the phone's contacts, or any sort of keyboard auto-learn function, as all of the above solutions suggest. Great if those worked for you, but they didn't for me. What I just found is that there actually seems to be a hidden app intended solely for this nefarious purpose!

Go to: Apps / Settings / Application Manager. At this point, click the three dot menu expander. Select "show system apps." Scroll down until you find an app called "Favorite Contacts." Click "Disable."

This "appears" to have worked for me. I can't promise because, on the way to figuring it out, I accidentally cleared my email accounts, and had to reload them. (In the app manager for the email app, I went to "storage" and hit "clear data," after "clear cache" wasn't successful at deleting the email addresses.) This might be something you want to do anyway however, because otherwise I don't know that simply disabling the favorite contacts app will remove anything.

Hope this helps.

AllisonPyntr

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Problem is not Samsung or at least in my case. I am a Samsung Galaxy S6 user and was tired of emails or names poping up while typing.

Some of them were addresses that I didn't even know... like random craigslist ad email addresses that I have responded to 6 months ago let's say...

Here is the solution...

Go to your google account
Click contacts
Under contacts find Other Contacts
Delete them all!
Restart your phone

Problem solved. (at least mine)

I had almost 1000 contacts like this that I have no idea how they got into my contacts.

Than u Ike94598!!

I know this is an old post but it worked for me!
You dont have to restart phone, after you delete the "other contacts", just go back to your mobile email settings & sync..!
VIOLA!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87