Skype removed from VZW TB page features

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
old news, and Skype is supposed to be added in OTA update, supposedly on the 28th. Which hopefully means the phone comes out the 24th

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
old news, and Skype is supposed to be added in OTA update, supposedly on the 28th. Which hopefully means the phone comes out the 24th

Obviously old news that Skype was a no-go, but they hadn't removed it from the site until now. If it was still coming on the 28th, you think they'd revamp the site to remove it at this point? Doubtful.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Kazer, are you using Chrome? Try under IE. I still see the Skype block when using Chrome but not IE. Chrome has a known problem with caching old copies of pages and not refreshing when they're updated.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Kazer, are you using Chrome? Try under IE. I still see the Skype block when using Chrome but not IE. Chrome has a known problem with caching old copies of pages and not refreshing when they're updated.

Ahh yeah I am using Chrome. Just checked with Firefox and it's not there so nevermind!

Was there ever any Skype info on the HTC page?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Has any1 tried to contact skype instead of vzw online chat reps or htc?

I wonder if skype can slip us something. Afterall, it's their product.

Verizon is mute.
Htc ceo says shipped.
And yet Bob from wirefly was able to do many videos of the tbolt...though don't bloggers get a chance to review phones about a week before we can even purchase them?
I'm usually envious of the tech bloggers who get to "have" a phone before it's released so that they can review it.

Wouldn't AC get a chance to demo it (not only in CES), including many other blog sites before it's released - especially vzw first 4g phone?

As much as I'm tired of waiting already, I would think that we would see a review by AC like they got to do with the Evo Shift keyboard slider, before it gets released to us.
How does all that work usually?

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Has any1 tried to contact skype instead of vzw online chat reps or htc?

I wonder if skype can slip us something. Afterall, it's their product.

Verizon is mute.
Htc ceo says shipped.
And yet Bob from wirefly was able to do many videos of the tbolt...though don't bloggers get a chance to review phones about a week before we can even purchase them?
I'm usually envious of the tech bloggers who get to "have" a phone before it's released so that they can review it.

Wouldn't AC get a chance to demo it (not only in CES), including many other blog sites before it's released - especially vzw first 4g phone?
How does all that work usually?

Yeah, typically blogs will get a phone to review at least a couple of days prior to a launch. Not sure why Wirefly got one and no one else has at this point.

vitomins

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
i dont get the whole thing with "built in skype". who cares? can't you DL the skype app? WTF is different?

If the Skype is built in, you could have something like a Skype button when you click on a contact in your phone.

So you click on a contact and you would have the option to Call, Message, Email or Skype. I am sure there are other advantages to having it baked in, but this is just the simplest one.

muska180#AC

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If they release it with no skype is it a good possibility that it will be added in a few weeks after release?
Kinda kills the point of a front facing camera on the phone if there is no skype or something similar.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If they release it with no skype is it a good possibility that it will be added in a few weeks after release?
Kinda kills the point of a front facing camera on the phone if there is no skype or something similar.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's why everyone is saying old news. I thought they said Skype wouldn't be available at launch, but it could be added very easily.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Been over at the Atrix Forums and none of their FFC's are working either.It seems none of the video-chat providers have updated their software yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty