I'm playing with a thunderbolt as we speak!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I can say if your local Verizon store has a dummy unit available (likely not on display) check it out. Even though the dummy unit is plastic it is pretty well weighted to give you the right feel for weight size and overall feel. It really felt to be a good size to me and not bulky or clunky like the DroidX was.

Store mgr said the 28th was a NO, they did not have any stock. They have heard the 3rd and 10th, but no official word. Still just getting to hold the dummy unit was enough to keep me on my reserve unit.

m4nc1n1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I can say if your local Verizon store has a dummy unit available (likely not on display) check it out. Even though the dummy unit is plastic it is pretty well weighted to give you the right feel for weight size and overall feel. It really felt to be a good size to me and not bulky or clunky like the DroidX was.

Store mgr said the 28th was a NO, they did not have any stock. They have heard the 3rd and 10th, but no official word. Still just getting to hold the dummy unit was enough to keep me on my reserve unit.

I checked it out yesterday when i returned my X. It wasn't plastic and had the real weight but still just a dummy phone. I liked it :) they said they will call me when they get word and have one ready for me the day it is released so i can just come pick it up and be in and out. Here is hoping for the 10th (i really doubt it will be the third but that would be great)

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Below is on Verizon's facebook page.... Mean anything??

James Lindsey It's so fast I think it move fast that wifi
Amazin
5 minutes ago via iPhone

James Lindsey I have it in my hands it's great!!!!!!!!! Ya me
24 minutes ago via iPhone ? View Feedback (10)

James Lindsey ‎3-1-11
it's here
40 minutes ago via iPhone ? View Feedback (3)

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Below is on Verizon's facebook page.... Mean anything??

James Lindsey It's so fast I think it move fast that wifi
Amazin
5 minutes ago via iPhone

James Lindsey I have it in my hands it's great!!!!!!!!! Ya me
24 minutes ago via iPhone ? View Feedback (10)

James Lindsey ‎3-1-11
it's here
40 minutes ago via iPhone ? View Feedback (3)

Go down the page more, and see he's just trolling.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I checked it out yesterday when i returned my X. It wasn't plastic and had the real weight but still just a dummy phone. I liked it :) they said they will call me when they get word and have one ready for me the day it is released so i can just come pick it up and be in and out. Here is hoping for the 10th (i really doubt it will be the third but that would be great)

If you want a good approximation of the thunderbolt head over to an ATT store and spend some time with the inspire hd. Its the same phone just running on ATT. Also may not have a front camera. But you will get a great idea of the screen , size, speed etc. Don't sweat the network speed though att HSPA+ is crap.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you want a good approximation of the thunderbolt head over to an ATT store and spend some time with the inspire hd. Its the same phone just running on ATT. Also may not have a front camera. But you will get a great idea of the screen , size, speed etc. Don't sweat the network speed though att HSPA+ is crap.
The Inspire 4G doesn't have the FFC and the Bolts' back opens up like the EVO to access the battery and memory card. The Inspire has two seperate,much smaller,slots for the battery and the SD & SIM cards.But the build-quality of the Inspire's body & screen is excellent and that should carry over to the Thunderbolt.Thanks to the larger speaker behind the kickstand the Bolt should have a much better speakerphone than the one on the Inspire.

mhind52

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
The Inspire 4G doesn't have the FFC and the Bolts' back opens up like the EVO to access the battery and memory card. The Inspire has two seperate,much smaller,slots for the battery and the SD & SIM cards.But the build-quality of the Inspire's body & screen is excellent and that should carry over to the Thunderbolt.Thanks to the larger speaker behind the kickstand the Bolt should have a much better speakerphone than the one on the Inspire.

I am jacked about the kickstand. Going to be awesome for video chat and calls on speaker.

m4nc1n1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
from androidcommunity.com

Adw1313 22 hours ago

I heard that the problem causing the delay is the 4G radio is draining the battery too fast. What is messing is up is since not all areas have 4G the phone is switching between 3G and 4G and trying to find signals, so the battery drains. Last I heard is the new firm ware is doing good in testing, but I think that it is safe to say that it will not be out until at least the 17th, the IPad2 is scheduled to release on the 11th so I imagine that Apple will not want the Thunderbolt to release around that time and steal its thunder.

uncjax

Banned
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
from androidcommunity.com

Adw1313 22 hours ago

I heard that the problem causing the delay is the 4G radio is draining the battery too fast. What is messing is up is since not all areas have 4G the phone is switching between 3G and 4G and trying to find signals, so the battery drains. Last I heard is the new firm ware is doing good in testing, but I think that it is safe to say that it will not be out until at least the 17th, the IPad2 is scheduled to release on the 11th so I imagine that Apple will not want the Thunderbolt to release around that time and steal its thunder.

That is such Bull****. Dont believe any of it

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well they put up an ad for the stupid ipad 2 two days ago which is over a week before release so why would they not do the same for their flagship new device? Therefore we are at least a week out sadly I think.