Sprint offering $125 dollar credit.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sprint lost a lot of their coverage, it can barely call itself a national carrier anymore. That $125 credit covers about 1/3 of the ETF for Verizon. Not worth it.

Edit:// Unless you REALLY want the Kyocera Echo...blarg.

Last edited:

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're near the end of your Verizon contract it would make sense after proration, but I'm not sure what math they use to determain how much that goes down.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

It depends where you live with sprint. NYC and Philly both have great sprint service.. out side the citys....its hit or miss.. in my town 30min out side NYC in NJ we get horrible spotty Sprint connection..and ATT so thats why im on VZW!

not worth it for me to switch.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It depends where you live with sprint. NYC and Philly both have great sprint service.. out side the citys....its hit or miss.. in my town 30min out side NYC in NJ we get horrible spotty Sprint connection..and ATT so thats why im on VZW!

not worth it for me to switch.

See, I would argue that I'm the opposite. 3G coverage at my home is TERRIBLE now with VZW. It used to be good, until a few months ago (coincidentally with the launch of LTE, which I am covered by). I get zero bars inside my house or outside an I'm near (within 5 miles) of a major metropolitan area.

At work, in the city, I have great Verizon covereage inside and outside with good speeds.

AT&T has great coverage at home and at work (if you look at signal strength) but data speeds and general reliability on download speeds is lacking.

With VZW it's either consistently good or consistently bad. I know when I get home at night, I will have zero bars and really be able to only text or use voice. At work, I know I'll get good speeds and have no issue.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
See, I would argue that I'm the opposite. 3G coverage at my home is TERRIBLE now with VZW. It used to be good, until a few months ago (coincidentally with the launch of LTE, which I am covered by). I get zero bars inside my house or outside an I'm near (within 5 miles) of a major metropolitan area.

At work, in the city, I have great Verizon covereage inside and outside with good speeds.

AT&T has great coverage at home and at work (if you look at signal strength) but data speeds and general reliability on download speeds is lacking.

With VZW it's either consistently good or consistently bad. I know when I get home at night, I will have zero bars and really be able to only text or use voice. At work, I know I'll get good speeds and have no issue.

Sorry I should have worded my post better..

"It depends where you live with ANY Carrier."

better now? :p

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everybody for the advice. I live in Baltimore, Maryland and I love my Verizon service but hate my Storm 2 and my high bill. And I get 20% off my bill each month. If I switched I would still get 20% off my monthly with Sprint as well so my overall bill would be lower. Really wanting the the Thunderbolt but wondering if it will be worth the extra money and delays.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

For me living in Hawaii Sprints coverage plus 4G is awesome!

I normally get full bars(3 for 4G)5/6 bars 3G at home and work(concrete building). Even on the North Shore 30/40 miles outside of Honolulu I get 2 bars of 4G and 3/5 bars of 3G.

Having 6-9 MB DL ave in 4G is a deal breaker for me..

If your not in an LTE city? I would suggest going with Sprint( for 2 years),that is if 4G WiMax is available in your area? If not? stay with your current carrier. or if LTE has coverage in your area? Go to Verizon and get the TB.

My co workers droid X is a great phone,however, with Sprint's 4G speeds.
My internet/multimedia experience on my Evo is superior.

ivan a rom#AC

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everybody for the advice. I live in Baltimore, Maryland and I love my Verizon service but hate my Storm 2 and my high bill. And I get 20% off my bill each month. If I switched I would still get 20% off my monthly with Sprint as well so my overall bill would be lower. Really wanting the the Thunderbolt but wondering if it will be worth the extra money and delays.

If money is the criteria, and service is similar in your area, why not go with sprint?

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If you ever plan on leaving a major metropolitan region, Sprint's coverage is garbage, their 4G even worse. When I'm on my campus of 20,000 students I put my Sprint phone in airplane mode, otherwise it'll drain dry looking for signal. Pathetic.

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The $125 will take care of the charge for your first 2 warranty issues if you don't get the insurance. Of course all they will do is take your phone apart and find something to call water damage, so you're screwed anyway.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if VZW Fruit phone has hurt Sprint more than ATT? You can also sorta sense the fear of VZW LTE network.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention that Sprint plans are truly unlimited. So if Verizon has a cap on their data plans? That might be an issue if your going to get a super phone like
the TB.

Note:In 2 days since I found a new free movie download site? I have burned through 3gb's of data already.

Having a worry free plan plus fast download speeds (Tron Evolution was about 300MB DL in about 20 mins).
You might want consider Sprint?

For me ? 10 bucks more for unlimited data is a piece of mind and is worth every penny

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention that Sprint plans are truly unlimited. So if Verizon has a cap on their data plans? That might be an issue if your going to get a super phone like
the TB.

Note:In 2 days since I found a new free movie download site? I have burned through 3gb's of data already.

Having a worry free plan plus fast download speeds (Tron Evolution was about 300MB DL in about 20 mins).
You might want consider Sprint?

For me ? 10 bucks more for unlimited data is a piece of mind and is worth every penny

Hawaii D, what is the website?

jayishere

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sprint, hahaha. On average, unless apparently you live on an island, has crap coverage compared to Big Red...I'll wait it out, thanks though guys.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sprint lost a lot of their coverage, it can barely call itself a national carrier anymore. That $125 credit covers about 1/3 of the ETF for Verizon. Not worth it.

Edit:// Unless you REALLY want the Kyocera Echo...blarg.

Just wondering, what do you mean Sprint "lost a lot of their coverage"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed