Couldn't you just download Skype?

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Disappointed about this whole Skype mess.

Would it be possible to just download and install Skype directly? Skype plays heavily into my 'reduce my costs' strategy by using it so I don't burn up my minutes.

What would be different from the so called 'baked in' experience of Skype as it was suppose to be deployed on the TB?

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I figured. Crap.

Has Skype been scrubbed completely or delayed? Reading the article on the news page about using stickers to completely cover over the Skype feature at the displays makes me think it's a bust.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I figured. Crap.

Has Skype been scrubbed completely or delayed? Reading the article on the news page about using stickers to completely cover over the Skype feature at the displays makes me think it's a bust.

I don't think it's a total bust. I thought there was a rumor about them trying to optimize it more because that was the one feature that was causing battery life issues. I'm sure they will probably continue to test it and try to optimize it to get it out to this device. They are putting stickers on there because as of right now it doesn't have it and that could be construed as false advertising even if it will have that capability in the near future.