VCast Media Manager

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to keep VCast media manager stuff from popping up every time I connect the TB to my computer's USB port?

The fix from the Incredible doesn't work (or it didn't for me)

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd like an answer to this to! How do you just (in droid 1 terms) "mount" the sd card to the computer so you can view and transfer files on it? I hate verizon bloatware, just provide me with cell phone service, don't force your dumb applications on me too!

Reactions: General Tso

testarea1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to be rooted and then with your favorite system file browsing app of choice (ie. Root Explorer), you have to rename/move/remove the file: "/system/etc/CDROM.ISO".

If you're comfortable with the adb command line you just want to delete it, do: rm /system/etc/CDROM.ISO

I removed it and have had no issues, but I make no guarantee that you won't.

MePascal#AC

Dec 16, 2010
www.themobizone.com
You have to be rooted and then with your favorite system file browsing app of choice (ie. Root Explorer), you have to rename/move/remove the file: "/system/etc/CDROM.ISO".

If you're comfortable with the adb command line you just want to delete it, do: rm /system/etc/CDROM.ISO

I removed it and have had no issues, but I make no guarantee that you won't.

Kudos to you....excellent, excellent :cool:
Works as stated

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd like an answer to this to! How do you just (in droid 1 terms) "mount" the sd card to the computer so you can view and transfer files on it? I hate verizon bloatware, just provide me with cell phone service, don't force your dumb applications on me too!

1. connect USB cable to phone, then plug into computer
  2. computer=pops up "new hardware found...installing drivers"
  3. computer=VCast Media Manager & HTC Sync pop up shows up..X out of it. you don't need to install this software.
  4. computer=if it asks to install adb shell, cancel the installation
  5. computer=should pop up a "found new device, android phone" or similar.
  6. on the phone, choose "disk drive", then "done". if this box doesn't pop up--then MENU>SETTINGS> CONNECT TO PC>DEFAULT CONNECTION TYPE>tap Disk Drive
  7. computer=pop up asking you to View files, view pictures, etc... Close this dialogue box.
  8. computer= Start>My Computer
  9. computer=then double click on the Removable Drive (can be any Letter of the alphabet)
  10. computer=you should see the android file heirarchy (DCIM, my flix, my pictures,media)

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMace23

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I discussed this with HTC and Verizon tech support last night. The trigger for this from the TB is a setting for "CD-rom" that is not available to either us or tech support to change. The Incredible had the same problem according to them, but they could alter that setting via the backdoor. HTC said that anything to do with "Vcast" has to be removed from your Verizon account. As Verizon's system was acting up last night, I asked that those changes be made, but can't verify whether thats been done or if it fixed the issue.

HTC tech support acknowledged the problem and said there are "improvements" in the pipeline that we could expect via OTA upgrades. The Verizon rep also put in a request to engineering to reopen their access to that setting. I also made mention of the gross amount of crapware on the phone and he said he would pass that comment along also.

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings
Connect to PC
Select Default type HTC SYNC or Disk drive

You can also check the Ask me checkbox, and respond whenever the TB is plugged in the USB

danlintz

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I installed the usb drivers for sync on HTC site. Vcast still launched but I was able to set the connection for disk drive and see the sd card. Just close Vcast once that is done.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
  1. connect USB cable to phone, then plug into computer
  2. computer=pops up "new hardware found...installing drivers"
  3. computer=VCast Media Manager & HTC Sync pop up shows up..X out of it. you don't need to install this software.
  4. computer=if it asks to install adb shell, cancel the installation
  5. computer=should pop up a "found new device, android phone" or similar.
  6. on the phone, choose "disk drive", then "done". if this box doesn't pop up--then MENU>SETTINGS> CONNECT TO PC>DEFAULT CONNECTION TYPE>tap Disk Drive
  7. computer=pop up asking you to View files, view pictures, etc... Close this dialogue box.
  8. computer= Start>My Computer
  9. computer=then double click on the Removable Drive (can be any Letter of the alphabet)
  10. computer=you should see the android file heirarchy (DCIM, my flix, my pictures,media)
What is after step 10. where is it at on the files?

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
on mine when plugged in it showed two drives for the phone htc android usb devive type disk and type dvd/cd r i went into properties of the dvd/cd r one and disabled the device all your sd card files are under the disc one with the dvd one disable v cast doesnt pop up u can still open it and use it when u want though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty