ALTERNATIVE for using the POWER BUTTON to activate SCREEN?

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
loving my 'bolt... HOWEVER my power button although not COMPLETELY flush with the phone is pretty darned close and i fear constant use to activate the screen will only make it become more recessed. have read that some thunderbolts have more raised buttons than others. wondering if that's the case and if this is something worth exchanging my phone for. otherwise, if there was an app to enable the volume rocker to be used to turn the screen on that would be AWESOME. does anyone know of such an app? have been trying to use tasker to configure it to do that but can't seem to manage it. help??

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe there is any way to wake the screen without hitting the power button. IMO, I would exchange the phone, you have the 14 day no questions asked window, I would do it during that time, it would be easier.

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe there is any way to wake the screen without hitting the power button. IMO, I would exchange the phone, you have the 14 day no questions asked window, I would do it during that time, it would be easier.

how flush is your power button?

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
also, just downloaded the "no lock" app. uses the volume rocker to wake screen. my only concern is whether it'll be a battery drain. we shall see. then again i might go in to verizon tomorrow and check out other units to compare.

Last edited:

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
the power button module is not movable so its not going anywhere. Like any other mass produced product you might see a slight variance between phones but not enough to really make a difference.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
shocka who makes this app couldn't find it in the market. Found no lock though, not sure yet on any of these kind of apps. Let me know if don't mind.

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
shocka who makes this app couldn't find it in the market. Found no lock though, not sure yet on any of these kind of apps. Let me know if don't mind.

sorry you're right. "no lock" is the app. looking for a free widget to shut the screen off sans power button but i'm pretty sure i can easily program this with tasker in one way or other.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the silicone case/cover for mine the day I bought it, never knew there was such a problem. It extends down and makes it VERY easy to hit the button. It was only $14, I suggest picking one of those up!! ;)

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
how flush is your power button?

My power button sticks up a decent amount. I don't know compared to other phones, but I am fine with the way mine is. Holding the phone vertically it seems to stick up, maybe 3mm above the top of my phone, a little more then my Droid 2 did.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
loving my 'bolt... HOWEVER my power button although not COMPLETELY flush with the phone is pretty darned close and i fear constant use to activate the screen will only make it become more recessed. have read that some thunderbolts have more raised buttons than others. wondering if that's the case and if this is something worth exchanging my phone for. otherwise, if there was an app to enable the volume rocker to be used to turn the screen on that would be AWESOME. does anyone know of such an app? have been trying to use tasker to configure it to do that but can't seem to manage it. help??

Having a surepress click screen would be nice. ;)

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The power button issue is a known one for these phones. I had to take my first one back an hour after I got it because the button kept getting stuck down.

Sent fom my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk for your reading pleasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa