4G wifi handoff issue

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
First of all I apologize if there is already a thread like this I thought there was looked through and used the search function couldn't find it ... Anyways to my problem it seems everytime I turn on WiFi and then turn it off I have problems re establishing 4G connection my 4G does connect but only the up arrow lights up so I only send data but do not receive any and the only way I've found to correct it so far is to restart the phone ... Anyone else have this problem or solutions? Any help is appreciated

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to use web after turning off WiFi and letting the 4g connect all that happens is it tries to process the request and fails the webpage always says could not display this page check your connection and try again ... Like I said only the sending data arrow will light on and off the receiving arrow always stays off until I restart the phone

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I would guess I'm in marginal (50%) signal strength for 4g most of the time where I use WiFi ... But today I left without turning off WiFi and got to my destination realized this and turned it off there and it is 100% signal strength for 4g where I'm currently at and I still had to restart my phone before I could get it to start receiving data again even gave it a few minutes before restarting to see of it could push itself through

And on top of this its now telling me I'm in Chicago on the home screen of the phone
... Not even close

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Im still having no luck with this, so I guess my best bet is to avoid the WiFi for a little while until a solution presents itself, don't want to kill my new beauty by having to restart it 10 times a day

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You may have a defective device. Mine switches between 4G, 3G and wi-fi without issue. I use them all and have no problem with any data connection.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope not, would hate to have to replace it with another one over this, I will hold out for a few days to assess the situation and see what happens, maybe it will help anyone who might know a solution to know I have verizon Fios for my home internet ... possibly a conflict of verizon signals when attempting to switch between wifi and 4G ... ?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine switches fine - don't know what to tell you. What are you running (downloaded that you added) on the phone is probably a good place to start

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Instead of rebooting your phone, try going into airplane mode and back out. I have to do this on my DroidX every now and then. Clears up a nonworking connection almost every time.

Reactions: FutureTBoltOwner

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Instead of rebooting your phone, try going into airplane mode and back out. I have to do this on my DroidX every now and then. Clears up a nonworking connection almost every time.

will have to give this a try, if that avoids restarting then I will be willing to live with it, as thats not such a hassle to be able to get it to reconnect with 4G

and to realitydigg, do you mean everything I've done, apps from the market and anything added, if so gotta go get the ol phone and start listing

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I just actually stumbled upon my own solution, so basically for Wifi I was only using the widget on the second home page to turn it on and off, this time I decided to turn it off by going under the settings and presto 4G instantly connects with both arrows turning on to let me know I have a data connection before going gray, now the real test is leaving Wifi on for a while and then trying this. I only tried this by leaving on wifi for a few seconds, the other times where i was having trouble the wifi was on for well over 30 minutes each time so im gonna leave the wifi on for a while and then try, if the problem returns I will try the airplane mode method

a round of thanks for everyone that tried to help