SMS Issues

itsme932

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I've got another issue with the phone...how come when I'm sending messages, the recipients are receiving it as a long string of numbers that reflects one of the ID's assigned to my phone? They can't text this number back either. Any ideas?

ak2j

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I've got another issue with the phone...how come when I'm sending messages, the recipients are receiving it as a long string of numbers that reflects one of the ID's assigned to my phone? They can't text this number back either. Any ideas?

Have experienced the same issues. But they are random. Not every sms does this

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
that long string of #'s is most likely your SIM card ID (and can be verified under phone info)---it's happening/happened to many other people. some people reported that removing the battery/SIM card, then reinstalling SIM/Battery had solved the problem for them.

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue on my new Bolt, Just delete all the texts on the phone, pull the battery and replace it. it will fix itself. I have seen it on here over the past few days and all 4 Bolts we got were exactly the same.

exmeaguy

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I could send SMS but could not receive any. Went back to the Verizon store and they said they had a bad batch of SIM cards. I got a new SIM card and now I receive SMS.

Last edited: