Ok, so I'm coming from a blackberry where I got really used to the instant notifications. I know it won't be as robust here, but mine feels abnormally nonexistent. Facebook notifications just plain don't happen, but even when I go in to the app it doesn't give me a "new" count like my fascinate did. In the sync settings the only option in Facebook is sync contacts, and in the HTC one there's sync live feed and sync contacts. With all of those turned on, I still get nothing.

Any thoughts?
    03-22-2011 11:28 AM
    If it's already been discussed, I'll apologize early. Wrangling a small child, don't have the energy to search right now.
    03-22-2011 11:29 AM
    yeah, the only notifications i get are messages sent, friend request and IM's. i dont think this is a Android thing,i think its the app. It was the same way on my Cappy.
    03-22-2011 11:32 AM
    I don't even get the emails like I used to. I have zero indication of any activity unless I go in and open up the notification icon within the app.
    03-22-2011 11:40 AM
    I don't even get the emails like I used to. I have zero indication of any activity unless I go in and open up the notification icon within the app.
    You may want to read this post. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post748218
    03-22-2011 12:17 PM
    Sorry, not what I meant. Emails in general work fine, but I don't get any from Facebook.
    03-22-2011 12:30 PM
    Have you checked to see what time frame you have notifications set to for the apps you want to come in faster? Some of them have their own settings so you might be able to speed things up. I *think* it also matters if you're using a Gmail account or if you've managed to use a pop/imap account instead but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    03-22-2011 01:07 PM
    I went in to Facebook and changed the notification settings there to email me when certain things happen, so now I get an email about it, but the app itself still doesn't notify my. That's ok, I can live with this alternative.
    03-22-2011 09:33 PM