loving the thunderbolt but 1 question

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't be happier with this phone. So much better than the storm. Like it would be comparable. Just trying to get used to having to hit the power button to wake it up instead of hitting a button or the screen. And thanks to my employee discount I was able to get it for 239 on a 1 year contract. Score! Now I am wondering if there is a way to use text messaging over wifi instead of the cell radio? I only ask because I work in a lab that gets no cell coverage but we have WiFi. And with the radio left on it kills my battery in an hour or two. And my wife likes to keep in contact via sms. Doesn't want to use Google talk. And same with.my mother while she has my son for the day. She doesn't have the option of Google talk.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure someone can provide you with a better answer, but can't you use Google Talk to text her? I'm pretty sure you can text phones, and then she can respond to that number.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what phones your wife and mother have, but me and the gf use Whatsapp. Its available on Android and iOS.

It uses data and is very similar to BBM. Which is about the only thing I missed from my Crackberry days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non