Thunderbolt Availability

Dweber26

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Now that the Thunderbolt has been available a week now, has anyone had an issue with Verizon stores/best buy being sold out? If so when do they expect to have more?

Reason I'm asking is that i'm up for my NE2 on Sunday, and probably heading to Verizon to pick up the TB in replace of my current BB Tour. Pretty excited to pick up the new phone.

Thanks

I Peench

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been spending more time in VZW than you could imagine. Still debating whether or not I want this to be my first android phone, or if I should wait a bit longer for the Droid 3 (love me a keyboard). Anyways, I've been to 3 different stores in the Philadelphia suburbs and all of them assure me there are plenty.

Kmasum

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
They got plenty of thunderbolt, just make sure you read people's review of battery life

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
No problem with battery life here.

what kind of battery life are you getting? Thats the one thing scaring me away from this phone. I currently have a Droid X and this is the battery life I am getting with that......

right now I am at 19h 14m 24s since unplugged and at 20% battery level now............

Display 40%
Phone Idle 12%
Android OS 11%
Cell standby 10%
WiFi 7%
Android System 6%
Maps 4%
Words Free 3%
Browser 2%

Set to Performance Mode. My screen brightness is maxed out but I have it shut off after 15 seconds.

Ive been using the fair a decent amount today with frequent texting/IM (Gtalk)
Browsing, downloaded a couple apps, checked facebook and twitter a few times per hr.

I set my gmail and yahoo mail to PUSH notifications and facebook and twitter update hourly. Weather Bug hourly also.

All GPS/location services are on.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
These numbers are less than what you're getting with the Droid X but still acceptable. Keep in mind that I have all automatic updating turned off (such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Weather, etc), screen is set to 30 seconds, auto dimming on, no sound on any key presses but vibration on key press is on (I can't use an on screen keyboard otherwise). Also, note that 4G has been activated the whole time.

Up Time: 11:10:44
Awake Time: 1:19:30
Battery Level: Just went to 15% as I was checking this information
Voice Calls: 54% (1 hr 8 min 55s)
Display: 23% (58m 34s)
SpeedTest App: 10% (CPU total 40m 22s) (CPU Foreground 1m 27s)
Cell Standby: 6% (11 hr 10m 34s) (0% time without a signal)
Phone Idle: (10 hr 12m 11s)
Android System (CPU total 7m 5s)

It will all depend on personal usage. I didn't make any sacrifices compared to my Droid 2 as I set it up exactly the same. I figure if I need to check the weather than I'll update it manually. My car has a GPS built in so I don't use that feature either. I do leave the Verizon locating on so it can find places when I search though. Does anyone know if this uses a lot of battery or only minimal?

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been spending more time in VZW than you could imagine. Still debating whether or not I want this to be my first android phone, or if I should wait a bit longer for the Droid 3 (love me a keyboard). Anyways, I've been to 3 different stores in the Philadelphia suburbs and all of them assure me there are plenty.

I have been in my local Verizon so much that they probably think I can't afford the phone, so perhaps I just come in routinely to play with the expensive toys. :D

Coming from a BlackBerry Tour, I was very interested in the keyboard Droids, but after playing around with the HTC Thunderbolt and Droid X keyboards, I am content with the touchscreen keyboards on the bigger devices. Even the Droid Incredible keyboard I was able to type well one hand. But I find myself laughing at your post, because I am just like you, debating whether to jump on this phone or wait for something else. In my case, it would be the Droid Bionic, if I don't jump on the T Bolt, although I do like the Droid X as well. Of course, if I procrastinate long enough, I can just go get the 4 inch VIP 5 that will have much improved notification system and then I don't have to worry about battery life. :D