To exchange or not to exchange?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My TB has been experiencing GPS issues, and has a dead pixel in the top left corner. I have the Best Buy insurance, and I'm considering exchanging it. The only thing holding me back is the possibility of getting a TB with a different, or more hindering, issue.

Thoughts? Should I go for it?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You could get a bigger problem with the phone... but you will not know until you get a new one... and you have insurance... get the replacement.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well including the 17th, today is the 14th day, and I simply don't have the time today. The pixel is only noticeable in very dim lighting conditions, and HTC has said a GPS fix is somewhere in the works. I also don't want to run the risk of getting one with bigger problems. I may still go, but more likely not.

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well including the 17th, today is the 14th day, and I simply don't have the time today. The pixel is only noticeable in very dim lighting conditions, and HTC has said a GPS fix is somewhere in the works. I also don't want to run the risk of getting one with bigger problems. I may still go, but more likely not.

If you got it from Best Buy though, you have 30 days to exchange your phone.

xeon711

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention, you have a 1 year manufacture warranty which seems like this would fall under.
This. I just got my phone yesterday and has a dead pixel. I do not have insurance yet (waiting for the 30 days) and they are sending me a new phone that will arrive tomorrow.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No need to pay restocking fees or insurance claims for this. if it is a defective device it is covered by a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. take it to BB and tell them u have dead pixels and GPS issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886