Can't connect to computer...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Thunderbolt, and I wanted to connect it to my computer to put some music and videos on there. Every time I connect the phone, though, the computer will show the "Found new hardware" popup, but then the computer gets a "blue screen of death" error and restarts... I tried installing HTC Sync, but the same thing happens. If it makes a difference, I'm using Windows 7 (32-bit).

Anyone know what's causing this problem, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
my windows 7 64bit was locking up when i plugged in my bolt to it. during the restart to unlock my computer I left it plugged in set to mount as drive and it worked.

might have been a fluke though, worth a shot.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So no one else knows any solutions to this? I'm not too crazy about having to plug my phone in, let it blue screen, keep it plugged in through the restart, and hope it doesn't blue screen again. I suppose I can always just insert the memory card directly into the computer, but that seems like it'd be a pain if I have to do it frequently, considering I'll have to pop out the battery every time.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have seen problems with smartphones that draw quite a bit of power and will take down the USB when plugged in. I had this with my Droid and wound up getting a powered hub, but I'm running XP.

Having the PC keep bringing up the found new hardware, and the more annoying Vcast Manager website appears to be an ongoing issue, if you are lucky enough to make it through a good connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa