How big of a concern is the power button?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Thunderbolt for a week, now. I've noticed for a while that some people have been complaining about the power button "sinking into" the phone, or something? I don't *think* mine is doing that, but I often get paranoid about silly little things like this, so I'm curious, how concerned should I really be about this? Is it a defect that only a small number of people run into, or is it more of an eventual certainty? Is there no way to fix it if/ when you develop it? Are you unable to power on and off your phone if/ when it happens?

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Thunderbolt for a week, now. I've noticed for a while that some people have been complaining about the power button "sinking into" the phone, or something? I don't *think* mine is doing that, but I often get paranoid about silly little things like this, so I'm curious, how concerned should I really be about this? Is it a defect that only a small number of people run into, or is it more of an eventual certainty? Is there no way to fix it if/ when you develop it? Are you unable to power on and off your phone if/ when it happens?

I don't think this issue occurs over time - it's either manufactured that way, or it's fine.

My button is a bit low, but nothing I can't deal with.

vandouche

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Given that the power button is used everytime i switch on and off the screen, i think it's eventual. I am worried that the wear and tear of it will become an issue months down the line. I press that button around 100 times a day.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be an issue. You could always use a screen off and lock widget and save 1/2 the life of ur power button :) would only need to press it to turn it on, not off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Judging from the posts on here, I think most everybody's is about the same. Some possible exceptions for actual broken buttons, I guess. All the buttons on this phone (volume rocker and power) are kinda low to the case. Streamlined looking. Finely machined looking. Fashionable looking. But somewhat unexpected. After I got used to the idea, I think it's fine. I haven't noticed any change whatsoever in mine. They are shallow-press buttons for sure, but I think it's by design.

-Frank

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
To me, the power button isn't a problem whatsoever. Its just the design of it and people's opinions on it. To me its fine.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't sweat it. I actually like the power button. If it stuck out more I'd worry it would push when in my pocket.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't sweat it. I actually like the power button. If it stuck out more I'd worry it would push when in my pocket.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk

I agree with above, and I don't think it should be a problem, even over time. I imagine if it isn't a problem now, you won't have to worry about it.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I took My first one back within a few hours because of the power button issue. My next one was flawless. I don't worry about it at all.