Question About Amazon Apps

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have read all the Amazon App threads I could find and I noticed someone posted that there was a thread that on one of the sites I frequesnt that explained a way to install the amazon apps once you downloaded them without the need to have the app store installed. I cannot find that thread.

Is there a way that if I want to delete the amazon app store and then install or reinstall the apps I got from them(free or paid) without needing the app store app installed or can you point me to the thread please.

Also is there a way for the regular market to recognize them so I can get any updates in the future?

Thank you

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have read all the Amazon App threads I could find and I noticed someone posted that there was a thread that on one of the sites I frequesnt that explained a way to install the amazon apps once you downloaded them without the need to have the app store installed. I cannot find that thread.

Is there a way that if I want to delete the amazon app store and then install or reinstall the apps I got from them(free or paid) without needing the app store app installed or can you point me to the thread please.

Also is there a way for the regular market to recognize them so I can get any updates in the future?

Thank you
in short... NO :) you have to have amazon app store installed in order to use any (free or purchased) app... This is a major reason I won't use them... I have a thread in the Incredible threads about this. here is the FINE PRINT LINK from Amazon about it... Amazon.com Help: Amazon Appstore for Android

I only use it for the "once in a while" decent free app of the day ;)

you may also find this link helpful... I know this is for ThunderBolt, but I started this in the Incredible section and its the same info any way... http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/72037-new-amazon-app-store-ur-opinions-wanted.html

Reactions: Jrocker23

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Question: I had a number of "Free Apps of the Day" that I lost when I wiped my data to root. These apps still show in the My Apps list in the Amazon App Store with a link for downloading. If I do download them now, will I be charged for them?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Question: I had a number of "Free Apps of the Day" that I lost when I wiped my data to root. These apps still show in the My Apps list in the Amazon App Store with a link for downloading. If I do download them now, will I be charged for them?

You are free to download them again and no you wont be charged they were added to your amazon account just as the apps you buy in the Market are added to your Google account. Like Google you can even install them on more than one device if you so choose.

EDIT: I also only use it for the free apps or if I were to find one that was NOT in the Market.

Reactions: major_works

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much! I was seriously missing some of the apps, such as Business Calendar (way better than stock) and Fancy Widgets Pro. The thought of losing all these apps was the only thing making me sorry I'd rooted and flashed Das BAMF 1.62 Remix. Now it's all good.