Facebook double notifications...

doobie581

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Not sure if this has been resolved or addressed, I tried a search, but didn't find anything.

Not a big deal at all, but everytime I get some sort of Facebook notification (friend request, message, comment etc.) I get two notifications in my status bar. Is there anyway to only get one notification? I'm a droid noob so please bare with me lol..

btw, absolutely loving my phone and droid...

Slewman

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
do you have the facebook app installed on your phone? if so, thats the reason. you are getting a facebook update from HTC Sense Facebook, as well as the Facebook App itself. You can fix this by disabling the syncing of one of the other.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook for HTC Sense > uncheck all but contacts
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook > check all but contacts

Reactions: doobie581

doobie581

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
do you have the facebook app installed on your phone? if so, thats the reason. you are getting a facebook update from HTC Sense Facebook, as well as the Facebook App itself. You can fix this by disabling the syncing of one of the other.

thanks guys!!! kinda knew that was the problem, just didn't know how to adjust...

Julie Manker

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine started doing that today. I originally had the sound/vibration alerts off because I get so many of them. Now I'm getting 2 notifications for everything and one is a vibration. Very annoying and nowhere to turn it off.