LTE 4g coming back online

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, it looks like this week's other massive outage is now officially behind us -- Verizon just issued a brief statement to let us know that its 4G LTE network is now "up and running." Details on exactly what caused the outage remain light, however, with the company only saying that "network engineers and vendors quickly identified the issue and solved it." What's more, while it says that Thunderbolt users should now have "normal service," those with LTE modems may still have some problems when switching between 3G and 4G modes, although that will apparently "continue to improve."
just saying

Got that from Engadget incase anyone was wonderng

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
project same here bro, natvi just posted 3G as well so what is going on for Charlotte and the surrounding areas still stuck with 3G. Verizon stated officially 4G was back up nationally within the last hour via twitter and a few other outlets. Now they did say -eHRPD but I smell bull somewhere cause it ain't happening on my phone yet!!!

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
project same here bro, natvi just posted 3G as well so what is going on for Charlotte and the surrounding areas still stuck with 3G. Verizon stated officially 4G was back up nationally within the last hour via twitter and a few other outlets. Now they did say -eHRPD but I smell bull somewhere cause it ain't happening on my phone yet!!!

Yea, still no 4G for me in Charlotte. I call BS on this twitter. This has been going on for days now for me. :(

I never had this long of an outage when I was on ATT...

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
alright guys here is update directly from Verizon tech support a few areas are still being worked on. Also I think for our area it may be due the storms we have been surrounded by lately causing some serious upticks here in NC. If anyone from the Charlotte & surrounded area grab 4G post up a comment!

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Finally back to 4G just now in Orlando, FL. Was 3G this morning, 1X last night. Customer service indicated they were aware of other outages again today - they also indicated that they have not been made aware of any plan to compensate users for the outages.

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
alright guys here is update directly from Verizon tech support a few areas are still being worked on. Also I think for our area it may be due the storms we have been surrounded by lately causing some serious upticks here in NC. If anyone from the Charlotte & surrounded area grab 4G post up a comment!

Just got 4G - I hope this is all over. I'm in the Matthews area & we haven't really gotten any strong storms to blame the late switch over to 4G on...

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Shempster got to remember connections are connected to many outlets, if one goes down it sends out an effects to others like a glass cracking on a windsheild ad starts a spider web reaction.