Seriously... it's the little things that drive me nuts... :p

Thanks.

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
A) Yes.
B) No.

You could try finding something to put behind it like a little piece of felt or or a very thing sliver of cloth. I only use mine on the weekend so it's not as annoying as if it was on full time.

Reactions: rustypixel

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine would be a full time use and in all honesty... IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!!

I look at the phone to strategically plan a way to pick it up without making it creak!

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My extended battery creaks a little when I push the sides. When I push directly on the top I don't get that though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem. I cut little bits of black electrical tape and placed them in-between the connection or latch points on phone itself. If one layer didn't work I just repeated till it stopped. I just did this to the places it creaked. Make sure to stick them far enough in as to not see the tape from the outside of the phone. There so small and blend in so well you don't notice it when taking the cover off unless you know to look. Good luck..

Reactions: rustypixel

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd be willing to try anything at this point. Is it possible to post pics of what your remedy looks like?

Creak... I mean thanks.

Had the same problem. I cut little bits of black electrical tape and placed them in-between the connection or latch points on phone itself. If one layer didn't work I just repeated till it stopped. I just did this to the places it creaked. Make sure to stick them far enough in as to not see the tape from the outside of the phone. There so small and blend in so well you don't notice it when taking the cover off unless you know to look. Good luck..

jhimebau

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Mine creaks on the side of the volume rocker. As long as it isn't loose or come off I don't mind. Love the battery capacity.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry. Not rooted so no screen shots, no other camera around. Any other method would be just to much effort for me at this point of the day.. lol.. just go at it, only tape it comes off if you out like it.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
how good is the battery life with an extended battery? I am going on a trip and I will need my phone walking around NYC cuz i have never been there in my life haha.
EDIT: compared to a stock battery?

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I use if from 8 in the morning, look at the web, e mail, check for app updates, ton of text, few phone calls. All before I get to work. Use poweramp from 9 to about 5, do construction and play it through a Milwaukee shop radio. Play music through my car radio on the way home. Get home and have 68 percent battery left at 6ish. Just about the same as my storm 1 was. No complaints on my end what so ever.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My Extended battery cover would creak on the sides.

I ended up returning the battery I couldn't stand the way it looked, felt, and how long it charged.

The last straw was when I accidently dropped the phone and the cover popped off and the battery popped out.

I will prob. end up getting another standard battery. I just like the way the phone looks/feel with the std. battery. Svelte.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My standard battery cover is doing this exact same thing and it's driving me nuts. It's become so bad that I removed the car charger out of my car because I'm going to be putting an Innocase Surface on my phone. I'm actually willing to throw away $24 or so to avoid this creaking.

This build quality is unacceptable.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
how good is the battery life with an extended battery? I am going on a trip and I will need my phone walking around NYC cuz i have never been there in my life haha.
EDIT: compared to a stock battery?

Right now Im at 15:16 up time...3 hrs awake time...14+ hrs since unplugged...battery at 68%. I just got my battery monday and kept the phone on 4G all day. I LOVE THIS BATTERY!

Oh and no it doesn't make any noise.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm a heavy user and the extended battery lasts me about 10 hours. But when I say heavy I mean heavy. I have a 90 minute ride, on average, home from work every day and for that time the phone is screen-on all the time. Texting, chatting on Whatsapp, some gaming, web browsing, an occasional call and lots of basic tinkering and pic taking. Not only that, but I keep the brightness at 100% and, once I get closer to NYC, I'm in full 4G mode. So that's acceptable for me. What's not acceptable is that damn creaking. I can deal with the size and even the semi-fugliness of it, but I CANNOT deal with that creaking. I'm seriously having nightmares!
I'll have to try the tape suggestion this weekend and hope (pray?) it works.
Retiredjedi must be using some jedi mind trick to make himself think he doesn't hear the creaking.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My extended battery creaks too when i push on the sides. It bothered me a lot at first, but then I cut out the back of my gel case and put it on my TB with the extended battery and now, honestly I had forgotten about that creak...until I read this. With the gel case covering the side it doesn't creak as much. I suppose if I really press on the side it still creaks but I don't find myself messing with that like I used to or thinking about it anymore.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm a heavy user and the extended battery lasts me about 10 hours. But when I say heavy I mean heavy. I have a 90 minute ride, on average, home from work every day and for that time the phone is screen-on all the time. Texting, chatting on Whatsapp, some gaming, web browsing, an occasional call and lots of basic tinkering and pic taking. Not only that, but I keep the brightness at 100% and, once I get closer to NYC, I'm in full 4G mode. So that's acceptable for me. What's not acceptable is that damn creaking. I can deal with the size and even the semi-fugliness of it, but I CANNOT deal with that creaking. I'm seriously having nightmares!
I'll have to try the tape suggestion this weekend and hope (pray?) it works.
Retiredjedi must be using some jedi mind trick to make himself think he doesn't hear the creaking.

You could have it fixed by now. ;)

The only issue with electric tape is it can get very sticky, especially when it's warmed up, but it does have a great cushion like quality to it.

That, or it's because it's spanking new... I don't remember mine doing that in the beginning. I hope for Jedi's sake, I'm wrong. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non