Reboot Issue Improvment

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

So I've been wondering if there is any significant difference between factory reset at the boot screen or factory reset via the android O/S.

I did the software factory reset option before, and after resetting my phone to normal kept getting reboots, up to 6 an hour sometimes. This morning due to lack of any other advice I factory reset at the boot menu screen (vol down + power).

I also did NOT reinstall launcher pro, so far my phone has been up 1.5 hours with out a reboot, which is a huge improvement so far, I'll try and keep this updated with more progress. But as of yesterday, my phone when NOT plugged in rebooted honestly so many times I lost count, and I did not at all have this problem pre-OTA. But when it was plugged in it would never reboot, not sure what is the cause of this... going to let it sit today with out launcher pro, then reinstall it tomorrow and see if there are still no reboots.

Hopefully I can nail this down to something.

Feel free to chime in with any findings, and if there are any real differences in the two types of factory resets?

Just a few notes, I'm not rooted, and am 100% stock aside from the launcher pro home replacement (which I do not have operational at the moment but IS installed)

Last edited:

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So far 2 reboots since previous post, looking like not LPP.

On 6 now... and as I'm typing this #7, absolutely murdering my battery...

Last edited:

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
If a factory reset hasn't helped, the only answer is to exchange the phone. Just curious, how long have you had your tbolt? I'm trying to see if it's something limited to the first run shipped....

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey I've had it since a week or two after it came out, the hardware NEVER had a problem until this latest radio update... so I'm pretty damn sure it's not the phone it self, some of what I have read points to location based issues.

jjcampnr

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine never reboots when plugged in either, only when unplugged even if it's sitting in the exact same spot doing the exact same thing (many times sitting idle) as when plugged in.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine both reboots and just shuts off as if the battery were pulled. It doesn't matter if I'm plugged into power or not. I only have the 3G turned on since I'm not in a 4G area yet. When I called VZW tech support last Saturday I was told I'm the first one to report the issue; they had no information about this in their database. I find that VERY hard to believe. Besides the reboots and shut offs now I'm only getting no more than 8 hours out of my battery where I was getting 16 to 20 with no problem. Very frustrating.

Bill

ryanbor

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I updated OTA on 5/16 and I have not had any reboots, but I did have the phone completely shut off twice. Once while plugged in(overnight, so I missed my set alarm) and then once when it was just sitting idle. My T'bolt is completely stock(I have yet to Root it) and is about a month old. I have no task killers or anything running. A little frustrating....especially since I use this as an alarm. Plugging in the ol' Blackberry as a back up alarm tonight.

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe this **** man, it's really to bad they are ruining such a great piece of hardware with such horrific performing firm/software...