Google Voice after OTA

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
One thing that I've noticed is that since the OTA, I can't address messages via google voice to send to people. Not sure what is up with that, but you'd think that a device that is endorsed by Google would do a better job of making sure it works properly with Google and all of its features.:confused:

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not having that issue. I use the Google Voice app to send SMS. One thing I did notice is that I now have to tap on the email addy when it populates. Not sure if I had to do that before.

bluelite#AC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Slightly OT, but I've been having trouble using GV SMS. When sending a a message, it freezes, getting stuck on the "sending" dialog box. The only way to get out of this endless loop is to force close, and sometimes I then am able to send the message afterwards, but not always, those times I have to uninstall/reinstall. Very annoying. I have looked round for help, and it seems I am not alone with this problem. No help from Google.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Slightly OT, but I've been having trouble using GV SMS. When sending a a message, it freezes, getting stuck on the "sending" dialog box. The only way to get out of this endless loop is to force close, and sometimes I then am able to send the message afterwards, but not always, those times I have to uninstall/reinstall. Very annoying. I have looked round for help, and it seems I am not alone with this problem. No help from Google.

I had this issue constantly on my BlackBerry using Google voice app. I had to robot the device when it happned, and resend the SMS.

Hasn't happened on my Android yet. Do we have the same version of Google VOICE?