How do I back up my contacts and pics?

ktothab

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
hi-lo,

im pretty new and im sure the guy at the verizon store told me i could back up my contacts and media(pics, music etc) but the "HTC Sync" is telling me i have to connect the usb wheichi have done 1 billion times. please tell me there is a better or easier way.

thanks!!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
hi-lo,

im pretty new and im sure the guy at the verizon store told me i could back up my contacts and media(pics, music etc) but the "HTC Sync" is telling me i have to connect the usb wheichi have done 1 billion times. please tell me there is a better or easier way.

thanks!!

To backup your contacts, you can either sync with Google, or use a 3rd party solution like Verizon's backup assistant.

As far as media goes, what exactly are you trying to do? Those are all saved on the SD card, so they won't be touched if you have to factory reset the phone or install a new OS or anything like that. If you just want a backup of the files to another location, the USB to computer is probably the easiest way. You could also try creating a Dropbox account ( http://db.tt/KFpC5Eq )and install the app or something like that if you want to back up files online? I'm not sure if there are apps that allow for wireless sync of media to external device or not...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...store-apps-data-when-installing-new-roms.html

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Get MyBackup Pro from the Market (free I think - forgot. Edit: $4.99, I remembered :) ). You're done. Yes, there are other ways too.

-Frank

Last edited:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have my contacts backed up via Verizon's Backup Assistant while I have set Photovault to automatically upload all my pics to be uploaded to my Photovault account.
My Backup Pro is an excellent all in one option.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can also use photobucket and have it upload pictures as there taken there is a charge depending on how many photo's you want to upload but its pretty cheap. Setting all your contacts to your Google account IMO is the best way to back them up because you can access them from any pc and the minute you sign into your account on any new, replacement, or factory reset phone they will sync over.

Surendra Agarwal

May 9, 2016
Visit site
How to get contacts backup with good quality of contacts profile photos. I am getting contact backup but quality of contacts profile photos are not good as it was before the backup.